Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Seeking Mailbag question

sethemersonsethemerson Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You probably know the deal by now, but just in case:

• Send your question to me at seth.emerson@coxinc.com
  • Or tweet me at @SethWEmerson
  • Or post in this thread here

Feel free to ask me anything. I can't guarantee I'll be able to get every question - I usually publish about half the ones I receive - but I will certainly try. The mailbag will post on Thursday at noon. Fire away!

Comments

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,265 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seth,

Over/Under:

Kerryon Johnson Rushing Yards, 99.5
    Jarrett Stidham Completions of 20+ Yards, 1.5
    Auburn Second Half Points, 6.5
    Auburn Total Yards, 274.5
    Georgia Sacks, 3.5
    Georgia Receivers with Touchdowns, 1.5
    Georgia Rushing Yards, 224.5
    Jake Fromm Clutch 3rd Down Conversions, 3.5
    Defensive or Special Teams Touchdowns, 0.5

• Options
    icecolddawgicecolddawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hello Seth,

Can you address the possibility of how can CKS utilize 2019 scholarships to accommodate 2018 recruits to effectively manage roster management of committed kids for higher rated prospects who now want to join the GA 2018 class.

• Options
    spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With everyone talking about the numbers crunch with 18 on the list and many more looking hard at the Dawgs what are your thoughts on some of the guys that may transfer due to playing time. Not wishing any of these guys to leave, but they do not play much if at all and many fall into the group that has 2017 studs learning and 2018 studs on the way to knock them further down the list.

Sam Madden
    Sean Fogarty
    Pat Allen
    Michael Chigbu
    Daquan Hawkins-Muckle
    Chris Barnes
    Rashad Roundtree (Possible Medical DQ)
    Jaleel Laguins (Read he moved OLB which is a big part of 2018 Stud recruits coming)
    Jayson Stanley (Special teams and run blocking seem to be what he is used for this year. No targets that I am aware of this season)

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@sethemerson With 19 Juniors on the current roster and many thinking that 4-6 could leave early that would leave only 13-15 seniors next year. With that in mind and given the loaded 2019 class do you think that Gray Shirting any 2018 recruits is a viable option?

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To generalize some of the specific questions you're going to get on this topic...

Seth, when are you going to resurrect the scholarship limit articles for this cycle?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:
    To generalize some of the specific questions you're going to get on this topic...

Seth, when are you going to resurrect the scholarship limit articles for this cycle?

I could also use a review of a lot of that stuff, especially how Blue and Grey shirts work - when they start counting against the scholarship limits etc.

• Options

@spradlin24 said:
    With everyone talking about the numbers crunch with 18 on the list and many more looking hard at the Dawgs what are your thoughts on some of the guys that may transfer due to playing time. Not wishing any of these guys to leave, but they do not play much if at all and many fall into the group that has 2017 studs learning and 2018 studs on the way to knock them further down the list.

Sam Madden
    Sean Fogarty
    Pat Allen
    Michael Chigbu
    Daquan Hawkins-Muckle
    Chris Barnes
    Rashad Roundtree (Possible Medical DQ)
    Jaleel Laguins (Read he moved OLB which is a big part of 2018 Stud recruits coming)
    Jayson Stanley (Special teams and run blocking seem to be what he is used for this year. No targets that I am aware of this season)

I don't really like to speculate on guys without hard information. I will point out that Fogarty is a walk-on so he's not an issue. Roundtree does look like he's headed to some sort of medical DQ, but that's only a guess not based on any hard information.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A current list of who is on scholarship.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

90210 or Melrose Place?

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Simple question that has been talked about a LOT on the forum:

Will Jacob Eason return to UGA next season?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    Any best guesses as to who will be the 10th assistant Kirby hires in January? If there’s too many coaches to choose from to make a guess now, then maybe what side of the ball, or role, do you see the hire being?

It does seem like the defensive side is doing well. So is the offensive side, come to think of it. Maybe special teams? The guy from Auburn seems to have made a pretty good impact on ST play. The guy from MN also seems to have helped the offense. Tough call, at least for me. Maybe raises for the "consultants".

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My guess is that the new assistant will be on the defensive side of the ball. Currently, only have 4 coaches on that side, while we have 5 on offense. Whoever it is will be able to recruit.

• Options

@amjadawgs said:
    Simple question that has been talked about a LOT on the forum:

Will Jacob Eason return to UGA next season?

No hard information to report on that yet, but it's not difficult to speculate on where this appears to be heading.