Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why does everyone want bad hires?

tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited December 2017 in General

I see a lot of you want all these SEC teams to make bad hires. I'm the opposite. I want better competition in the East. Look at how bad it was this year and then we go to auburn and get straight whooped. Think that may have to do with playing garbage teams all year?

Comments

• Options
    DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Because I can't stand ANY teams that in on our schedule, I actually hate any team we play every year.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It would make my heart happy to see Tennessee and Florida go winless every single year. They have terrible fans, **** uniforms, very corrupt boosters, and their breath stinks.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We can't say U G L Y? Does an 80 y/o nun run this website?

• Options

I get what yall are saying, but i would much rather beat good teams and hang our hats on that. Im tired of hearing the East is the worst division in the country.

• Options

@Kasey said:
    Playing easy teams isn’t why we lost to auburn. It was a road game against a team amped up to take down the number one team in the country. A tougher schedule wouldn’t have changed anything.

I disagree. I dont think UGA was ready for that kind of physicality because we havent seen it ALL year.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@KyotoPhantasy said:
    I want all other East teams to be so inept that they can't put 11 on the field.

>

A weak east hurts our SOS...much rather beat a really good Gator team than have the non-contest we had this year. It was fun though!!

• Options

@donm said:

@KyotoPhantasy said:

>

A weak east hurts our SOS...much rather beat a really good Gator team than have the non-contest we had this year. It was fun though!!

up vote times 1000

• Options
    chattdawgchattdawg Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@KyotoPhantasy said:

See Kentucky vs Florida...

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get the SOS, but it all works out in the end if you win. I'm with the others and prefer whatever it takes to make us look like we set the standard

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@tymoon31 said:

@Kasey said:
    Playing easy teams isn’t why we lost to auburn. It was a road game against a team amped up to take down the number one team in the country. A tougher schedule wouldn’t have changed anything.

I disagree. I dont think UGA was ready for that kind of physicality because we havent seen it ALL year.

That game at Notre Dame looked pretty physical when I watched it.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

If you want to talk about bouncing back from adversity, I get that. But if we can take these teams weakness now to set us up for a better future I’m all for it.

Florida will be good again soon. Sc might be next year. The east won’t be this awful next year

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't want the teams we play to all go 0-11, but I wouldn't mind them all being 8-4/ 7-3. It's a proven fact that you go 12-0 or 11-1 and win the SECCG, you will be in the playoffs. That's all that matters. Besides, like another poster said, I hate UT, UF, and USCe fans.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@chattdawg said:

@KyotoPhantasy said:

See Kentucky vs Florida...

I see whatcha did there.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    If you want to talk about bouncing back from adversity, I get that. But if we can take these teams weakness now to set us up for a better future I’m all for it.

Florida will be good again soon. Sc might be next year. The east won’t be this awful next year

THIS.. We play in the toughest conference in the country with imo the ACC the next best; at least this year. These teams that are in the funk now aren't gonna just continue to spiral downward. THIS year isn't a good example, but USUALLY if you put a UK playing a Wisky, USCjr playing OU, Vandy against Stanford, LSU at the U, AU and Penn st etc... The SEC is gonna win our fair share of those games because we have to bring it EVERY week. SEC teams that don't match up in recruiting WILL beat you anyway if you don't take care of business! Yea the SEC is down right now, but that won't last long. That said I HATE UF, AU, UTjr, and USCjr so anything to slow them down or set them back I'm all for.. Bottom line our conference is talented enough that if you win the conference unless you dropped 3 games or so; your in the playoff.. AND jmo but if we can beat AU Saturday Bama deserves to be in the top 4 too. Can anybody say their not one of the top 4 best teams in the country?

• Options
    JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg said:
    We can't say U G L Y? Does an 80 y/o nun run this website?

The "U Word??" How dare you!!

• Options

@oldon42 said:
    All the other power five would like to have a year like the SEC's down year.
    SEC
    2 Auburn
    5 Alabama
    6 Georgia
    17 LSU
    23 Mississippi State

ACC
    1 Clemson
    7 Miami
    22 Virginia Tech
    24 NC State

Big 10
    4 Wisconsin
    8 Ohio State
    9 Penn State
    16 Michigan State
    21 Northwestern

Big 12
    3 Oklahoma
    11 TCU
    19 Oklahoma State

PAC 12
    10 USC
    12 Stanford
    13 Washington
    18 Washington State

And we're the only team representing the East, so that kinda validates my point.

• Options
    DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

But we dominated the East, and every other game save ND (tight win at their house) & the barn (they played great, we didn't at their house) that's all that matters to me.

If we dominate the SEC east every year, and win our share of the SEC championship games and make the playoffs with a chance to get a natty, and I'm happy as a pig in dokkie, don't care what the rest of the SEC East does, as long as we beat them like a drum