Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Down Vote/Up Vote

JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Quick favor - explain this down vote/up vote thing. My other forums I frequent do not have this, but I noticed I had some down votes. One was probably warranted, but the other 4 must be from the OU fans (I would hope) who can't take a little ribbing

Do the down votes eventually lead to timeout and up votes only serve to bring a smile to your face? Just curious

Comments

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do what feels right wrt the votes. Its a social status thing. There are no consequences for down votes from mods. There are consequences when you violate the rules or cause trouble.

• Options

@moos said:
    Do what feels right wrt the votes. Its a social status thing. There are no consequences for down votes from mods. There are consequences when you violate the rules or cause trouble.

Got it and thanks for the clarification

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FWIW I Up vote to show agreed or it's just a great post. I don't DV for disagreeing just if I think it's in poor taste. If you hover the cursor over the DV you can see who it was.

• Options
    edited December 2017

@Denmen185 said:
    FWIW I Up vote to show agreed or it's just a great post. I don't DV for disagreeing just if I think it's in poor taste. If you hover the cursor over the DV you can see who it was.

Yeah... just saw that and it was actually our very own dawg nation. Tough crowd, but apologized. Got me in the feels and feel like I have been tarred and feathered.

• Options
    edited December 2017

@JRT812 said:

@Denmen185 said:

Yeah... just saw that and it was actually our very own dawg nation. Tough crowd, but apologized. Got me in the feels and feel like I have tarred and feathered.

Just went to your DV and don't really see why anyone took offense to your comments. Wouldn't worry about it, I have 129 DV. BTW I DV @12ed if I agree with the comments or find it funny as He/She lives for DV :D

• Options

@Denmen185 said:

@JRT812 said:

@Denmen185 said:

Yeah... just saw that and it was actually our very own dawg nation. Tough crowd, but apologized. Got me in the feels and feel like I have tarred and feathered.

Just went to your DV and don't really see why anyone took offense to your comments. Wouldn't worry about it, I have 129 DV. BTW I DV @12ed if I agree with the comments or find it funny as He/She lives for DV :D

I'm sure I will sleep well tonight. However, it is good to know the ropes around here.

• Options

@12ed said:

@Denmen185 said:

@JRT812 said:

@Denmen185 said:

What is this chit? He/She? Bruh... I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache," not this he/she CIS gendered patriarchy BS. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Haha 10-4 Apache

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a hard time deciding when to UV or DV you @12ed. Either way, you earned a"vote" B)

• Options
    ghostghost Posts: 86 ✭✭✭ Junior

Scrolling through posts from my phone seems to cause down votes. If i see it i remove but surely i don't catch it every time.

• Options
    HotDawgsAndMustardHotDawgsAndMustard Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah. Mr. AH-64 lives for the downvote. Hate feeds the dawg.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

This has come up on this board in the past and what Den says here is basically how most people use the downvoting system.

My only problem is I don’t use the up vote button often enough. Sometimes a post will make me laugh and I don’t even think to click up vote. I think I used to use it more back when I posted more.

• Options
    jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

12ed thinks DV=wins. May work may not but he gets my DV just to be safe.

• Options

@jc30116 said:

Hereafter referred to as the Apache DV

• Options
    jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So we should blame the loss on you then? Lol j/k

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jc30116 said:

I love giving him up votes but only because he asks for down votes all the time. I wonder if he is using reverse psychology on the forum. oh, oh.