Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Rose Bowl DawgNation Tailgate??

BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SavageDawg17 @JeffSentell Any chance of a DawgNation tailgate in Pasadena for the Rose Bowl? Inquiring Dawgs want to know!! B)

Comments

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Rose Bowl really isn't a big tail-gate kind of stadium. It's in the middle of a golf course and neighborhood. No where near a campus. Not even places to walk around like to bars and restaurants. They probably won't even open the gates till a few hours before the game.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    The Rose Bowl really isn't a big tail-gate kind of stadium. It's in the middle of a golf course and neighborhood. No where near a campus. Not even places to walk around like to bars and restaurants. They probably won't even open the gates till a few hours before the game.

I read the parking lots will open at 4 AM.

https://www.tournamentofroses.com/events/the-rose-bowl-game

• Options
    BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Where there's a Dawg fan there is a way.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

@Teddy said:

@pgjackson said:

About 5-6 hours prior to kick off is normal. Kind of sucks for late games. I used to live up there in the early 90's. It's a beautiful place. The only away. UGA game I have been to was the Arizona St. game. The Rose Bowl won't be an atmosphere like that. We absolutely took over Tempe and literally drank the town dry before the game then all marched down to the stadium in a massive group chanting and singing. ASU had no idea what hit them. The Rose Bowl is in a residential area so all the partying will have to be in the parking lot.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

@pgjackson said:

@Teddy said:

@pgjackson said:

About 5-6 hours prior to kick off is normal. Kind of sucks for late games. I used to live up there in the early 90's. It's a beautiful place. The only away. UGA game I have been to was the Arizona St. game. The Rose Bowl won't be an atmosphere like that. We absolutely took over Tempe and literally drank the town dry before the game then all marched down to the stadium in a massive group chanting and singing. ASU had no idea what hit them. The Rose Bowl is in a residential area so all the partying will have to be in the parking lot.

Got to remember, the game time out there is 2 to 2:30..... I'm sure you know this having lived out there...

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I attended the 1980 Rose Bowl and I am sure there have been many changes and improvements, but a word of caution that you need to allow plenty of time to get to the stadium. We attended the Rose Parade and it took at least two hours to get to the stadium as the parade normally draws in the area of 800,000.

I was a misguided Ohio State fan at the time and we actually used a tour group in Ann Arbor who ran their trip no matter who represented the Big Ten. Their service was excellent for the three days and all of the events they lined up were excellent, but the game day traffic between the parade and the stadium was nothing they could control which is why they told us what time they would leave the parade and to be on the bus or else.

Whether you buy a package deal or book your arrangements on your own, it is a great experience and I encourage you to consider to make the trip.