Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kevin sherrer to UT?

dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How does this effect our recruiting if it’s true?

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Initially negatively until we can hire his replacement

• Options

And hopefully he’s wrong like he was wrong about Coley earlier today

• Options
    Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey agreed. Because it’s on the defensive side of the ball and Kirby can recruit in place of that I’m sure he has somebody in the shadows!

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s official. Sherrer gone to Rocky Top. Poor guy.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some good names already floating as replacement. Lance Thompson (USCjr), Tyson Summers (GA Southern) and Sunseri (Oakland Raiders). All good recruiters and experienced defensive coaches.

• Options
    DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any chance some of our stud OLB's follow him to UT?

• Options

@DawgNut said:
    Any chance some of our stud OLB's follow him to UT?

Can’t see it happening. Might be the usual dalliance, but ultimately I’d think they’d want to join the reigning SEC champs as opposed to the reigning champs of life

• Options
    Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I want Tyson summers no where near my program after the GSU debacle

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dakota_Nester said:
    I want Tyson summers no where near my program after the GSU debacle

There’s a big difference in being a first time head coach and coaching outside linebackers. That said, he wouldn’t be my first option, but I trust Kirby. He’s a good friend of Kirby, so who knows.

Also, I feel the linebackers stepped up their play when Kirby got here, more so than when Sherrer got here a few years before that. So, Sherrer may be a solid recruiter, but is he the best OLB coach?

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not liking Chris rumph joining he's solid

• Options
    AkonAkon Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

Give me Bam Hardmon

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Akon said:
    Give me Bam Hardmon

He may be great, but I'm a little wary of Gators.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kick rocks Sherrer

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tyson Summers is not a very good football coach. I have several friends who had him as their position coach and they echo that sentiment. He was the worse head coach in Southern's history.