Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Need prayers, good vibes or whatever it is you do.

13»

Comments

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for asking @levander

Betty suffered a concussion and still has significant pain in her neck and shoulders. I am not sure what percentage of the neck pain is from the accident, the UVA loss in the NCAA or me. Ironically the accident was on her way to work after her PT appointment for fibromyalgia. The third person involved that Betty was pushed into jarred her back a bit.

The concussion makes it difficult to read and conduct her practice on the computer. The main concern is this is at least her third major concussion. Her nose was cracked open 40 years ago and she lost consciousness when she was hit by an oar white water rafting. She also dislocated her jaw and had a concussion skiing in 1991. Ironically her ski accident was at Snowmass one month after I hit a tree skiing at the same location , two years before we met in Richmond.

We are very aware that we are still incredibly lucky this accident was not worse. Having grown up in a family funeral home business back in Columbus, I have seen so many families that suffered a sudden death and the grief and pain related to the fact that so many things had been left unsaid or (silly) disputes not put in perspective and taken care of. Having Betty’s 91 year old Mom and our daughter home from UGA gave Easter a special meaning this year.

Hopefully the family of @Tdub0199 is working through this difficult process.

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you to Everyone, we're taking it a day at a time.

@BobcatGrad your wife is in my prayers as well.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad That doesn’t sound like good news, until you get to the very end when you say it is good news. I am glad you guys are still chugging along.

No one’s done any lecturing in this thread until right now. But I figure this is a good time to mention defensive driving courses because somebody might take it more seriously than they usually do. If you call your insurance company in Georgia, you might be able to get a discount for going to a physical classroom to take a course. But I just took this online course a judge let me take to get out of a speeding ticket. I enjoyed it, but I’m the kind of person who really likes teaching himself stuff online. People learn different ways, some people really prefer classroom environments. I’m not one of those people:

https://www.myimprov.com/

If I were smart, I’d go get a referral code for that course before posting a link. But I’m too lazy to do that.

The comedy bit is overblown in the marketing for that course. It’s just like they pepper the course with colorful statements to keep your attention. It’s basically just done by instructors who have more personality than the average instructor.

Taking that course definitely improved my driving. But I actually took the course seriously and didn’t just rush through it as fast as possible to get a certificate. By chapter 4, I figured out if I read the material in a chapter, then went back and skimmed over it mentally getting an outline that I learned a lot more that way.

I really believe if someone had taken a defensive driving course, there’s a notably better chance we wouldn’t be looking at at least one of the car accidents in this thread.

Please don’t take this post as judgement of anyone involved in these accidents. It’s really too late to quibble about that now. I’m trying to talk about the future.

• Options
    mikeshuemikeshue Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

Prayers for you and your family. May God continue to be with you.