Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kickers

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has Marshall Long regained his leg strength, or is he a possible med dq? For a coach who said he doesnt think he needs scholarship kickers, doesnt 3 seem to be a tad over quota? Im wondering if Camarda will be encouraged to look elsewhere when push comes to shove. (Sorry if this is essentially a repost. I cant find my 2nd attempt after thinking my first (delete below) was probably in the wrong subforum.).

Comments

• Options
    chattdawgchattdawg Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Bankwalker said:
    Has Marshall Long regained his leg strength, or is he a possible med dq? For a coach who said he doesnt think he needs scholarship kickers, doesnt 3 seem to be a tad over quota? Im wondering if Camarda will be encouraged to look elsewhere when push comes to shove. (Sorry if this is essentially a repost. I cant find my 2nd attempt after thinking my first (delete below) was probably in the wrong subforum.).

I would say Jake stays. Marshall was not great even at full strength.

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember seeing Marshall during pre-game warm-ups when I attended the Samford and Missouri games. We arrived for the SEC Championship before the kicker's came out and there was no sign of of Marshall anywhere. Brice punted for a good 15 minutes or so and was clearly the back-up punter. Brice missed the first few minutes when the QB's started throwing and then joined them. We sat in 134 in the corner of the end-zone so I did not have a good view of the bench to see if Long was even in the stadium. I did have a great view and filmed Godwin's TD catch in that corner.

My guess is that Marshall may end up transferring. I can see two scholarships for kickers, but have a hard time seeing three. There are still several underclassman walk-on's that have eligibility going into next year to provide some competition and back-up in the event of injury. I assume Carmada will focus on punting next year but he can do both and Rodrigo also punted in high school so he can do that in the event of an injury in particular for a road game with the limited travel roster. In one of Rodrigo's high school films he scooped up a bad punt snap, ran around the bit and then hit a running rugby kick that went about 70 yards flipping the field.

• Options
    KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think I'm more interested in punter.

Our punting game is probably the most improved unit of our team year over year.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, Camarda is a take. #1 punter and #4 placekicker last I checked. That’s worth a scholarship for a guy that can do both fairly well.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can see Marshall not getting his scholarship renewed or transferring.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

85 is the issue, not 25. Only 17 srs.

• Options
    KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2017

@Lefty said:

@Teddy said:
    I can see Marshall not getting his scholarship renewed or transferring.

He may transfer but I guarantee that they will not pull or not renew his scholarship. Would set a terrible precedence that would do much more harm than good in future recruiting battles. Besides it wouldn't help us with the scholarship crunch, Marshall not counting against this year's 25 I would think he's counting against the 2016 class, thus no relief for this years numbers.

I've got some bad news for you...this isn't CMR running the ship anymore. If CKS needs a scholarship, he's going to get that scholarship one way or another.

• Options
    CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Would find it hard to see him staying if he knows he isn't going to really play unless he is just like Brice and happy to just be a part of it all.