Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Memes that are Dilly Dilly

Hebrew735Hebrew735 Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

yes, they are pretty funny and, for frosting on the cake, so many of them are about Auburn.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

What the heck does "Dilly Dilly" mean? I did some research and a marketing officer at Anheuser-Busch Miguel Patricio, said the beauty of the phrase is it means nothing at all. "Dilly" is "silly" and that is the fun of it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bud-light-dilly-dilly-viral-commercial-super-bowl-campaign-2017-12

So...Dilly Dilly!

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm in the Bah humbug crowd on this one. Will be happy when "Dilly Dilly" goes the way of the dodo.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:
    I'm in the Bah humbug crowd on this one. Will be happy when "Dilly Dilly" goes the way of the dodo.

It is better to me than the one with the French chef who says her souffle, "literally never stops growing". I don't know about you...but I'm gettin' too old for this stuff.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:

To the pit of misery! DILLY DILLY!

• Options
    Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:

@moos said:

It is better to me than the one with the French chef who says her souffle, "literally never stops growing". I don't know about you...but I'm gettin' too old for this stuff.

At least the bud light commercials are funny. Its like the frogs or "how ya doin". I'm just not a fan of hearing it everywhere. That never stops rising commerical is just dumb.

• Options
    JGoodmanJGoodman Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

@moos said:

110% agree! Has to be the most annoying catch phrase I've encountered.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said: