Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Unis for the Natty Title

NawfDawgNawfDawg Posts: 149 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just throwing this out there, but wouldn’t it be cool to wear the black jerseys for the title. This has been the season of revenge and we owe Bama an arse whooping in those beautiful black jerseys. Thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe we should be in the red home jerseys as the higher seeded team. But I like where your heads at, beating bama in a blackout would be awesome after the funeral game

• Options

@donm there’s a reason all the recruits wear them on their officials...and hasn’t been discussed as far as wearing them in the title...live a little

• Options

@pgjackson is it a gimmick? We don’t need any jersey motivation or anything like that for this game. I don’t think the players would think of it that way. I thought it’d be cool to wear them in front of the world. Any jersey is fine by me as long as we get the W

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    Save the black jersey for night home games. Playing for the NC is not the time for gimmicks. Plus, we got bulldozed by Bama the last time we wore black.

That was not the last time we work black. We wore black jerseys in 2016 against Louisiana Lafayette.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MIghtydawg said:

@pgjackson said:
    Save the black jersey for night home games. Playing for the NC is not the time for gimmicks. Plus, we got bulldozed by Bama the last time we wore black.

That was not the last time we work black. We wore black jerseys in 2016 against Louisiana Lafayette.

Forgot about that.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I say "Hell yeah...let's wear the black" we are the home team and can wear any color we like.......However it's not going to happen.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t tell Scott Cochran we’re wearing black.

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We will be in red jerseys. However, since 2002, 5 out of last 6 winners of Alabama vs Georgia games have been the team in the white jerseys. Hopefully that changes in this game. In 1980 Georgia had to beat big powerhouse Notre Dame to win the national title and they were in red in that game. This time we're against big powerhouse Alabama in our red jerseys. So the similarities between this years team, the 1980 team, and even the 1942 team looms at large.

Nick Saban has never lost to an assistant. Jalen Hurts has already been here unlike Jake Fromm. This game has a similar vibe to the Falcons going against the Patriots last season with a 2nd year head coach who was also a former defensive coordinator (hopefully it's a better result). The only difference is that this one is more personal. Kirby Smart knows Alabama and both of the teams are built so similarly. We'll see what happens.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I'm fine with black jerseys once a year for a night game or something. Make it a reward for stellar play. When postseason comes, keep it simple

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This

• Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tradition... Go Red!

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@oldon42 said:
    I don't care if they wear pink and yellow if they win. If they lose Black will not make me feel better.

It would definitely be more humiliating to get beat by a team wearing pink...

Ironic how it used to be a masculine color. Enemies blood never fully washes out of a white shirt, voila pink...

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby seems to be progressive in some areas of coaching and he can be old school in others.

Changing up jerseys may not be in his wheel house.

If wearing black helps with recruiting, wear them once in awhile.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I LOVE athe black jerseys, but we need to wear red with the silver britches. Win it all with the most beautiful uniforms in college football.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stay with the white on Monday !

• Options
    mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Red is less distractions and we really need all the focus we can get for this game!

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just saw this on Twitter (probably)