Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Who's leaving?

tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Obviously the seniors are gone, but what juniors leave? Trenton Thompson already said he's staying. Godwin, Reed, Baker, Quan (one can hope)?

Comments

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm guessing Roquan is the only junior leaving. Smart, like Saban, is very big on having honest conversations with draft-eligible kids about where they stand and their draft forecast. I think everyone you listed, besides Roquan, is more likely to benefit from an extra year than not. Second most likely to leave would be Baker, I'm, but I really hope he stays.

• Options
    DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thompson’s decision is still up in the air. Ledbetter is coming back. If Roquan leaves, he deserves it. The man has left nothing on the field this year. I’m hoping he stays though. If him and all the juniors stay and do exactly what Chubb, Michel, Lozo, and Bellamy did, that would be remarkable.

• Options

@DawgsofWar said:
    Thompson’s decision is still up in the air. Ledbetter is coming back. If Roquan leaves, he deserves it. The man has left nothing on the field this year. I’m hoping he stays though. If him and all the juniors stay and do exactly what Chubb, Michel, Lozo, and Bellamy did, that would be remarkable.

Thats kind of what Im hoping for.

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While we will forever be grateful for the seniors that returned last year, Roquans situation is very different. None of them were projected to be a top 10-15 draft pick. As much as I'd love to see Roquan play at UGA again it just isn't happening. As for the others I agree Baker would be the next most likely to leave, but I feel if he comes back he could push to be a first to second round draft pick. Even thought Thompson says it's still up in the air, I just don't see him getting a very high draft grade this year. Basically everyone except roquan will benefit by returning.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unless Roquan fails the combine hes going anywhere from pick 10 to 17 as 3 teams (OAK, GB, DAL) there need LB help.

Thompson is actually linked to the second round. They say he has more potential than any DT this year and next year DT is a monster class.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What are the chances of Smith pulling a Chubb/Michel and sticking around? They set the example for future players to stick it out. LBs typically don't risk major injuries like RBs and QBs do and one more year I would bet a paycheck he would win the Bednarik Award. I have no doubt they will have a shot at the playoffs again with him as Captain of the defense.

• Options

Smith could get insurance about 10M but why when he will bank it in the NFL and challenge himself against the best.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Smith could get insurance about 10M but why when he will bank it in the NFL and challenge himself against the best.

I don't know. Why did Chubb and Michel make that decision?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Unless Roquan fails the combine hes going anywhere from pick 10 to 17 as 3 teams (OAK, GB, DAL) there need LB help.

Thompson is actually linked to the second round. They say he has more potential than any DT this year and next year DT is a monster class.

I don't think the combine results will affect Roquan's status one bit. It's clear as the hair on Mel Kiper's head that he can play. No further information needed.

• Options

@donm said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

I don't think the combine results will affect Roquan's status one bit. It's clear as the hair on Mel Kiper's head that he can play. No further information needed.

With the "new" NFL placing more emphasis on other stats Smith will excel as insticnts and closing speed are big especially with these new backs like Sony and Kamara. Hopefully he falls to those Packers :)

• Options
    Eason4HeismanEason4Heisman Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ Junior

Eason going to Huskies since Kirby and Chaney refused to play him.

• Options

@Eason4Heisman said:
    Eason going to Huskies since Kirby and Chaney refused to play him.

Can't say I'm upset about it.