Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

After great reflection...

corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
 I had a hard time dealing with the loss from Monday.  I described it to my wife as probably outside of losing a loved one as the worst pain I have ever experienced in this life. I know that may seem a bit extreme to some, but that's how passionate I am about this team. Yes it's just a game, but that one meant more to me. All of yesterday was still spent in bitter anger at the outcome of the game. I even refused to wear the G yesterday because I simply didn't want to talk about the game. 
 Now on to today, I returned to work and received some grief from coworkers regarding the game. I took it and now towards the end of the day, I have started to reflect on the good memories this team and these seniors have given me. I'm very thankful for this year and for the seniors, who chose to come back and grind to get us to this position. I am  a firm believer that if it wasn't for this team and group of seniors that Kirby wouldn't have landed the top recruiting class this cycle. I'm not saying Kirby wouldn't have been successful, but the seniors that came back vaulted our program in the right direction placed us right back in the center of the national spotlight. 

So again, I say thanks to all the seniors for the great memories. I'll never forget this season and this group of seniors that started our rise to the top. #DGDs #DawgsOnTop

Comments

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You sure did take it hard. I mean, I took it hard as well and I agree with your number 1 on the "most painful list" but this game isn't number 2 for me. This could be my number 2 for the moment - It's half time and working towards winning father of the year by changing my son's diaper. It was a diaper I shouldn't have been messing with. Not sure if it was the drink, the pizza, maybe a stomach virus (felt fine), or a combination. Started dry heaving and out of nowhere I threw up on my son while he was laying on the changing table. Shocked and feared my wife heard.

He is just a baby, but the look of 100% disappointment on his face came across loud and clear. It was a tough one to work through.

Hang in there my man and life will go on.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:
    Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all

wise words young man... wise words