Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

According to this article, Alabama is getting errybody!

cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting-official-visitors-recap-jan-21-2018

Comments

  • AtlDawgAtlDawg Posts: 200 ✭✭✭ Junior

    reports from other sources claim otherwise on Campbell.

  • AtlDawgAtlDawg Posts: 200 ✭✭✭ Junior

    still looks good for the dawgs on that front

  • BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Saban sees the gap closing and is trying to rebuild his army. Not finishing 1st in this year's recruiting is killing him. He once stated that the right coach at UGA could build a monster (paraphasing). He sees that happening now.

  • chattanoogadawgchattanoogadawg Posts: 151 ✭✭✭ Junior

    If they get Surtain, so be it. We are looking great for Campbell (something this guy fails to mention). Also, love how he shamelessly calls a kid a backup plan. These Bammers don't know how to feel about us swapping spots in recruiting.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 21,718 mod

    Chris Kirschner is a good reporter and I trust what he says. He did drop a hint that Tyson isn’t necessarily a slam dunk to Bama

  • chattanoogadawgchattanoogadawg Posts: 151 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @Kasey said:
    Chris Kirschner is a good reporter and I trust what he says. He did drop a hint that Tyson isn’t necessarily a slam dunk to Bama

    He grouped us with Miami. He's already told Miami no thanks.

  • Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Interesting that Surtain and Campbell dont want to play together in college. Seems odd.

  • DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Maybe there's a little rivalry there between who's the best CB in the country (high school wise)

  • Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Don’t believe everything those Bama writers post!!

  • Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @SWARLES_BARKLEY said:
    Kirschner seems like a nice guy, and I know a lot of other beat writers like him, but he leans real strong toward the koolaid style of reporting.

    I have heard quite a few of his interviews and articles, and it usually reads/sounds exactly like this article. Bama is in the lead for all of them - just ask this unnamed guy in Tuscaloosa, I’m sure he’s objective! Hey, maybe it’s the same dude who told him Georgia was out of contention for landing Isaiah Wilson. That guy knew what was up.

    What Jeff Sentell does so well, that other beat reporters don’t, is how much he communicates not by what is said, but what isn’t said. Sentell would have made Surtain the focal point, knowing better than to find the one dude in Tuscaloosa who thinks they’re getting Campbell. He would have talked about Surtain, about all the good feels and that they lead. Then maybe mention that Campbell had a good time, but realistically they are not going to the same school and that the writing is on the wall. That’s the reason we trust Sentell, not to get 100% right predictions, but to just paint as honest a picture as possible. And it works.

    Hopefully we are both ride on this one because I feel we are all on Campbell comitting to the G! He messed around and got his 5* on rivals new rankings! Kid will really add some playmaking ability to our secondary!! Kirby might mess around and close on o’l Saban come Feb 7th!

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @SWARLES_BARKLEY said:
    Kirschner seems like a nice guy, and I know a lot of other beat writers like him, but he leans real strong toward the koolaid style of reporting.

    I have heard quite a few of his interviews and articles, and it usually reads/sounds exactly like this article. Bama is in the lead for all of them - just ask this unnamed guy in Tuscaloosa, I’m sure he’s objective! Hey, maybe it’s the same dude who told him Georgia was out of contention for landing Isaiah Wilson. That guy knew what was up.

    What Jeff Sentell does so well, that other beat reporters don’t, is how much he communicates not by what is said, but what isn’t said. Sentell would have made Surtain the focal point, knowing better than to find the one dude in Tuscaloosa who thinks they’re getting Campbell. He would have talked about Surtain, about all the good feels and that they lead. Then maybe mention that Campbell had a good time, but realistically they are not going to the same school and that the writing is on the wall. That’s the reason we trust Sentell, not to get 100% right predictions, but to just paint as honest a picture as possible. And it works.

    Yup... @JeffSentell

    Much respect, good or bad news, it’s always real.

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Jinx55 said:
    Don’t believe everything those Bama writers post!!

    He was proof texting. Taking whichever excerpts he could to get the clickbait rolling.

  • SWARLES_BARKLEYSWARLES_BARKLEY Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @bmauldin said:

    @Jinx55 said:
    Don’t believe everything those Bama writers post!!

    He was proof texting. Taking whichever excerpts he could to get the clickbait rolling.

    That’s hilarious. The tweet is deleted - anyone know what it was?

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @SWARLES_BARKLEY said:

    @bmauldin said:

    @Jinx55 said:
    Don’t believe everything those Bama writers post!!

    He was proof texting. Taking whichever excerpts he could to get the clickbait rolling.

    That’s hilarious. The tweet is deleted - anyone know what it was?

    Something along “quay Walker states via text that ‘Bama didn’t feel right’ to fellow recruit”

    He said (according to original article) it didn’t feel right at first without Jeremy Pruitt and Ansley there but got over that feeling

  • orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    A quote for Saban and all his followers
    “ the time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end”

  • DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Jeff just reported that UGA getting the last official visit from Quay Walker.

Sign In or Register to comment.