Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Scott Stricklin = Mark Fox in a baseball cap...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Both came to Georgia as young HCs who'd been successful at smaller schools, and both have been huge disappointments.
I admit I thought Stricklin was a very good hire at the time. He looked the part, had the background and he wasn't afraid to talk about his plans to build a championship program.
Cut to 5 years later. The discussion now is he should ''at least flirt with a .500 record'', which while admittedly better than the road kill we've seen so far, it's a loser's goal.

I think if Stricklin doesn't have a winning record by a substantial margin THIS SEASON, he should join Fox and probably McGarity in the unemployment line.

Thoughts ?

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Both came to Georgia as young HCs who'd been successful at smaller schools, and both have been huge disappointments.
    I admit I thought Stricklin was a very good hire at the time. He looked the part, had the background and he wasn't afraid to talk about his plans to build a championship program.
    Cut to 5 years later. The discussion now is he should ''at least flirt with a .500 record'', which while admittedly better than the road kill we've seen so far, it's a loser's goal.

I think if Stricklin doesn't have a winning record by a substantial margin THIS SEASON, he should join Fox and probably McGarity in the unemployment line.

Thoughts ?

Seems like both have "plateaued". They've been around long enough to say they are who their records say they are. If they get another season - either of them - and can't improve, it's time to look elsewhere - if winning is important. Heck, J. Foley, at UF, fired his baseball coach after he'd been to the CWS because he didn't feel that coach had what it took to keep the program at a high enough level. Winning championships, not just winning, was his goal for each of his teams.

• Options

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

Thoughts ?

Seems like both have "plateaued". They've been around long enough to say they are who their records say they are. If they get another season - either of them - and can't improve, it's time to look elsewhere - if winning is important. Heck, J. Foley, at UF, fired his baseball coach after he'd been to the CWS because he didn't feel that coach had what it took to keep the program at a high enough level. Winning championships, not just winning, was his goal for each of his teams.

Fox 100% should be gone after this season. If McGarity can't see that, he should be shown the error in his thinking or the door.
    There is NOTHING that should be able to save Fox, his fate should already be decided.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:
    Does Faton Bauta have any eligibility to return and start at point guard?

"Batting clean-up, number 91, David Marvin."

• Options
    CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

No doubt that both Fox and Strickland have been big disappointments.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Both coaches need to go after this year.

• Options

@orlando said:
    Both coaches need to go after this year.

Fox should be out regardless, he's had 9 years and his teams have been ranked a grand total of ONE WEEK during his tenure.
    Stricklin seems to think going .500 or at least getting close to that milestone of mediocrity would be enough....HECK NO, if that's his level of success, he should be fired too.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One game away from a natty in Omaha in 08, AND multiple trips there. No reason we shouldn't be able to dish out the $ to get someone like the coach from UF gulf coast (who was a top 25 team.) It all starts with McGarity. We've accepted mediocrity for too long in both sports. With all the baseball talent in the state it's d a m n ridiculous...

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s different in baseball. True there’s a lot of talent around ATL. But, there are Very few full schollies. Plus many GA kids go and sign with a team, after they sign a LOI. Makes it hard to recruit. Still, we should do a lot better, for sure.

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:
    hillary clinton=mark fox
    scott stricklin = hillary clinton in a baseball cap

Bozo the liar clown = Donald Trump.

• Options

@donm said:
    It’s different in baseball. True there’s a lot of talent around ATL. But, there are Very few full schollies. Plus many GA kids go and sign with a team, after they sign a LOI. Makes it hard to recruit. Still, we should do a lot better, for sure.

I disagree. With our history of turning out players, the fan base and players within 2 hours of campus we should be elite.

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    hillary clinton=mark fox

I know. A clown outmaneuvered hillary. It's great

A clown who lost the popular vote by 3 million, but won the hearts of Klansmen everywhere.

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    hillary clinton=mark fox

A clown who lost the popular vote by 3 million, but won the hearts of Klansmen everywhere.

This isn't like you. Why are you making excuses for a loser? She wanted the presidency since the 90s and she still couldn't manage to beat a semi-coherent clown

I'm not making excuses for Hillary, I'm making points about the worst president in our history.
    Honestly Trump would have destroyed our system of governance by now if not for checks and balances. He's truly in-American.
    Now I'm done with politics, I might get banned for what I've already posted.
    I guess you get the last word.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    hillary clinton=mark fox

This isn't like you. Why are you making excuses for a loser? She wanted the presidency since the 90s and she still couldn't manage to beat a semi-coherent clown

I'm not making excuses for Hillary, I'm making points about the worst president in our history.
    Honestly Trump would have destroyed our system of governance by now if not for checks and balances. He's truly in-American.

Dang auto check. Of course I meant un-American.

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    hillary clinton=mark fox

That's a bit hysterical in all honesty. Not any better than the people who thought Obama was the literal antichrist.

You're entitled to your opinion, I don't have to agree with you though.

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    hillary clinton=mark fox

That's a bit hysterical in all honesty. Not any better than the people who thought Obama was the literal antichrist.

NO THAT'S NOT ENOUGH
    I want to keep this going
    All UGA BB threads must be derailed. Best way to send a message to McGarity so he fires mark fox
    PS I don't think you'll be banned for going deep into politics unless it gets personal or overly emotive.

Trump has goofy hair.

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    hillary clinton=mark fox

NO THAT'S NOT ENOUGH
    I want to keep this going
    All UGA BB threads must be derailed. Best way to send a message to McGarity so he fires mark fox
    PS I don't think you'll be banned for going deep into politics unless it gets personal or overly emotive.

Ok, I'll bite.
    We have a POTUS who has called the press, an enemy of America. He sided with a Russian despot dictator who has re-ignited the cold war against our own intelligence services. MANY experts think he is damaging our federal institutions for generations to come. A high level FBI special agent resigned Friday so he can be free to speak up about Trump's war on our institutions.

This is not Hillary doing self serving things and lying about taking fire in Bosnia or wherever. This is an unprecedented attack on a system we've had in place for close to 250 years.

None of what I've posted even gets to WHY he is doing these things, but hopefully it will come out.

• Options

@Pigeons said:

@WCDawg said:
    I'm making points about the worst president in our history.

Like him or not, he's actually done a pretty **** good job so far. It's fact.

No he hasn't.
    He takes credit for some that began early in Obama's presidency.
    The unemployment rate was 7.9% when Obama took office. It took a year to turn things around and the rate went to almost 10% in 2009, then the rate dropped all the way to 4.7% the day Trump took office. It's now 4.1%. If you have common sense you should be able to understand Obama climbed the mountain, then Trump walked the last few feet and says the rate is the lowest since just after Clinton left office.
    Trump is a blowhard who BSs and people who are either too lazy to check or can't think through such things eat it up like small children.

• Options

See if you detect a trend in these stats.

Unemployment rate when Bill Clinton took office 7%
    Unemployment rate when Bill Clinton left office 4%

Unemployment rate when GHW Bush took office 4%
    Unemployment rate when GHW Bush left office 7.8%

Unemployment rate when Obama took office 7.9%
    Unemployment rate when Obama left office 4.7%

Unemployment rate when Trump took office 4.7%
    Unemployment rate at this point in Trump's tenure 4.1%

The republican tax bill was just implemented.
    If the pattern continues as it has for decades their funding and tax bills will drive unemployment up again.