Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Possible Fox Replacements?

BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have been a fan since day 1, but feel as if it is time for him to go. I have no idea what the process would be as far as who would be brought in, but I know that we would never bring in a big-name coach. Therefore, I am going to throw out some names that I feel would be a good fit. I am a high school basketball coach so I definitely know what I am talking about (sarcasm).

In no particular order:

Dan Majerle (Grand Canyon University...17-8 this year...98-53 in 5 years)
John Becker (Vermont...20-5...159-74 in 7 years)
Joe Dooley (Florida Gulf Coast...19-8...167-106 in 9 years)
Dan Hurley (Rhode Island...19-3...143–100 in 8 years)
Greg Paulus (Assistant at Louisville)
Ron Hunter (Georgia State...18-6...405-294 in 24 years)

These are just names. All except Dooley and Hunter were big-name players, but Dooley has a big name if you think about it. Hunter would be intriguing and has done a great job at State. Would any of them come here? Who knows...just wishful thinking.

Thoughts?

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiffLowman said:
    I have been a fan since day 1, but feel as if it is time for him to go. I have no idea what the process would be as far as who would be brought in, but I know that we would never bring in a big-name coach. Therefore, I am going to throw out some names that I feel would be a good fit. I am a high school basketball coach so I definitely know what I am talking about (sarcasm).

In no particular order:

Dan Majerle (Grand Canyon University...17-8 this year...98-53 in 5 years)
    John Becker (Vermont...20-5...159-74 in 7 years)
    Joe Dooley (Florida Gulf Coast...19-8...167-106 in 9 years)
    Dan Hurley (Rhode Island...19-3...143–100 in 8 years)
    Greg Paulus (Assistant at Louisville)
    Ron Hunter (Georgia State...18-6...405-294 in 24 years)

These are just names. All except Dooley and Hunter were big-name players, but Dooley has a big name if you think about it. Hunter would be intriguing and has done a great job at State. Would any of them come here? Who knows...just wishful thinking.

Thoughts?

Pretty underwhelming group.

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The problem that we have right now is that we are going to be hard-pressed to find a big-name coach to come here. McGarrity isn't going to shell out big money. The guys I thought about I hope would be eager to get to a bigger named school in the SEC.