Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Vanderbilt all-time leading rusher not invited to combine

BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ralph Webb not invited to combine.
He played well against us. Seems like he deserved a shot at the combine.

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Ralph Webb not invited to combine.
    He played well against us. Seems like he deserved a shot at the combine.

I can't imagine he won't hook up with some team as a FA. He's quite good.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2018

Major gut punch to the Vanderbilt football program. Underrated kids with NFL dreams will take note of that.

And considering how much Vandy has really irked the **** outta Volunteer fans, I’m starting to develop a soft spot for them. There’s this hilarious controversy where Vandy people want to award a trophy to the winner of the Vandy/UT game every year. But UT people want nothing to do with it and are insulted by the insinuation.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope he gets a chance, guy is a grinder and will have a chip on his shoulder for sure.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just know it’s a deep pool at tailback this year and this kid has played well

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2018

@Bigcalidawg said:

That’s a good point. I remember reading that’s a big part of why Bama’s Damien Harris didn’t go pro this year. And Bama’s already thinner than usual (thinner than their usual, bot SEC usual) at RB. Would have been so great if they would have lost him. They needed three stars back there against us in national championship game. Would have been great if they would have played us next year in the SECCG with only one.

That said, yeah. Bama has RB’s on the bench who may have stepped up to an elite level... Kind of like we’ve got Holyfield on our bench who I’m hoping steps up to an elite level next year.

@levander said:
    Major gut punch to the Vanderbilt football program. Underrated kids with NFL dreams will take note of that.

And considering how much Vandy has really irked the **** outta Volunteer fans, I’m starting to develop a soft spot for them. There’s this hilarious controversy where Vandy people want to award a trophy to the winner of the Vandy/UT game every year. But UT people want nothing to do with it and are insulted by the insinuation.

Oh that’s Rich. Anybody wanna put a name to that trophy?

@levander said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

That’s a good point. I remember reading that’s a big part of why Bama’s Damien Harris didn’t go pro this year. And Bama’s already thinner than usual (thinner than their usual, bot SEC usual) at RB. Would have been so great if they would have lost him. They needed three stars back there against us in national championship game. Would have been great if they would have played us next year in the SECCG with only one.

That said, yeah. Bama has RB’s on the bench who may have stepped up to an elite level... Kind of like we’ve got Holyfield on our bench who I’m hoping steps up to an elite level next year.

I think it’s the California kid at tb we gotta watch out for next couple seccgs

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg said:

@levander said:

Oh that’s Rich. Anybody wanna put a name to that trophy?

The 'Butch Jones Champions of Life Trophy.'

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Had a tough previous year.

“ The 'Butch Jones Champions of Life Trophy”

Chicken dinner

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Butch Jones is still blowing the Admiral. Missing the combine doesn’t mean much for him. He will get evaluated at Vandy. Do they have a pro day?

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The Tennessee Anchor trophy"

UT has to get better on the field before they can truly deny that as being a rivalry game.

• DawginknoxvilleDawginknoxville Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore

unfortunately for him, his OL was atrocious this year and he didnt have as good as an year.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THE OUTHOUSE TROPHY