Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Hoping Falcons take Isaiah Wynn, or Orlando Brown

BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wynn might be gone already, but we need another Olineman to give Matt more time back there.

We can go Dline, LB, or WR in round 2.

I would trade Coleman for a pick, I would take a 3rd for him. He’s under contract for 1 more season. I’m not sure of Gabriel’s contract status, but I would take a 4th for him.

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Wynn might be gone already, but we need another Olineman to give Matt more time back there.

I would trade Coleman for a pick, I would take a 3rd for him. He’s under contract for 1 more season. I’m not sure of Gabriel’s contract status, but I would take a 4th for him.

Trading Coleman would leave a hole that the team would just have to use another pick and hope the drafted player worked out.
    That seems counterproductive.
    I'd take Wynn for sure if he's there at 26. I have no idea if Orlando Brown would be an upgrade though.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also I don't think Wynn and Brown are interchangable at the NFL label. I'm not a scout but doesn't Wynn project as an interior OL, probably guard, and Brown project as a tackle? Not saying the Falcons' OTs are perfect but I think the guard spots are the weaker links along their OL, hence Wynn a better fit. I actually saw one mock a few weeks ago that had Wynn falling to the Falcons in the 2nd, which would surprise me. I think he's gone by then.

@PTDawg said:
    Also I don't think Wynn and Brown are interchangable at the NFL label. I'm not a scout but doesn't Wynn project as an interior OL, probably guard, and Brown project as a tackle? Not saying the Falcons' OTs are perfect but I think the guard spots are the weaker links along their OL, hence Wynn a better fit. I actually saw one mock a few weeks ago that had Wynn falling to the Falcons in the 2nd, which would surprise me. I think he's gone by then.

Exactly. Brown is 6'8'' and is stiff in the knees. If he's successful in The NFL it will be at OT using his long arms and bulk to overcome his stiffness and limited mobility. The Falcons need a OG who is athletic and skilled enough to fit into it's seal blocking schemes. Wynn is the right man for the job, Brown is not.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PTDawg said:

True, but I would think Brown would be too good to pass up on, regardless of position.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

Trading Coleman would leave a hole that the team would just have to use another pick and hope the drafted player worked out.
    I'd take Wynn for sure if he's there at 26. I have no idea if Orlando Brown would be an upgrade though.

Coleman had been pretty blunt that he’s as good as gone after this season, so it’s deal with it now and get a pick, or watch him walk after the season.

This years draft is so deep at tailback that we might get someone in round 5 who could replace him.

@Bigcalidawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

Coleman had been pretty blunt that he’s as good as gone after this season, so it’s deal with it now and get a pick, or watch him walk after the season.

This years draft is so deep at tailback that we might get someone in round 5 who could replace him.

Maybe there is a hidden gem at RB in the 2018 draft, but I don't see anybody projected to go later than rd 2 who has nearly the speed, stats and receiving ability Coleman had coming out of Indiana.
    Unless the team can get a 2nd rd pick I would keep him for the 2018 season and see what happens afterward.

@Bigcalidawg said:

@PTDawg said:

True, but I would think Brown would be too good to pass up on, regardless of position.

I don't know that he's better than what the team already has at OT. That is the question they would likely ask themselves. He is strong and long, but not flexible or very athletic.
    I'd either take Wynn or trade up for the NT kid, who looks like a generational talent at OG.