Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Our daily "poor me" national championship article has been posted...

2»

Comments

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@dawgnms said:
    This is an AJC board. Negative comments about the AJC or its staff writers will not be tolerated so it seems. Being a major newspaper in a major market seems they should know a thing or two about cenorship. But I highly doubt it. If they or their staff cannot take some criticism on what they write, maybe they should not run a board. Big business and they pay the bills, best way to to stop it is stop clicking and reading, hitting them in the wallet.

This is just MHO.

If there is some kind of zero tolerance policy on criticism of the AJC, they are basically inviting people on here to skirt around the edges and see how much AJC criticism we can get away with. Way more AJC criticism is gonna happen because of a policy like that. Does anyone else remember the days when the AJC paper used to have actual hard-hitting local editorial opinion in it? These days it’s little more than syndicated content they’ve farmed out from national sources.

I’ve stuck up in threads for Chip, Seth, BA, and Jeff before when the attack became personal. But even though I didn’t agree with Dawgsauce, he kept his criticism above the waist in that thread. Like I didn’t think he was saying people were bad reporters. Just that this was an annoying tick he wish we could get rid of.

If he were saying this place is full of bad reporters like a couple of trolls have said in the past, then he should just leave. But that’s not what he was saying.

Thanks Lev. I too take up for Chip, Seth, BA, and Jeff when they are attacked. I appreciate Dawgnation and what they do for Dawg fans. Everything, except these Look Back at National Championship. Even that, I recognize that many probably enjoy those Look Backs.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, pretty frustrated with the AJC at the moment. If you want to post articles like that, do it the week after the game, not a month later. Chip, you can write about my ex, do an article on the Zodiac killer, and maybe one on the ‘82 NC loss. Oh, you did that last one this week. My bad.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

I don’t fault the writers...I’m sure they would rather write about something else. But with articles like this, spring ball can’t get here fast enough

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,175 mod

@levander said:

@dawgnms said:
    This is an AJC board. Negative comments about the AJC or its staff writers will not be tolerated so it seems. Being a major newspaper in a major market seems they should know a thing or two about cenorship. But I highly doubt it. If they or their staff cannot take some criticism on what they write, maybe they should not run a board. Big business and they pay the bills, best way to to stop it is stop clicking and reading, hitting them in the wallet.

This is just MHO.

If there is some kind of zero tolerance policy on criticism of the AJC, they are basically inviting people on here to skirt around the edges and see how much AJC criticism we can get away with. Way more AJC criticism is gonna happen because of a policy like that. Does anyone else remember the days when the AJC paper used to have actual hard-hitting local editorial opinion in it? These days it’s little more than syndicated content they’ve farmed out from national sources.

I’ve stuck up in threads for Chip, Seth, BA, and Jeff before when the attack became personal. But even though I didn’t agree with Dawgsauce, he kept his criticism above the waist in that thread. Like I didn’t think he was saying people were bad reporters. Just that this was an annoying tick he wish we could get rid of.

If he were saying this place is full of bad reporters like a couple of trolls have said in the past, then he should just leave. But that’s not what he was saying.

I totally agree that there was nothing really critical said, more of a subject matter disagreement. But the powers that be obviously did. Chip is a pretty good writer along with the rest of the staff, better "filler" subjects are out there other than the NC loss IMHO.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    Yeah, its time to move on.

Agree, X10.....

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:
    Agreed. Let's focus the positive. We were 8-5 in 2016. 13-2 in 2017. I had a poll after last years' spring practice and (almost) nobody predicted this kind of success. 2017 is the year we became the SEC Champs (not Bama), and the year we beat out a Heisman trophy winner in the most epic Rose Bowl of my life. As for the NC game itself, it was as close as could possibly be. Great performance and showing all around. Go Dawgs!

Just think back to that 8-5 first season, we SHOULD have been 11-2, we lost 3 games by 1 **** point!

• Options

@Dawgsauce said:

@levander said:

@dawgnms said:

This is just MHO.

Thanks Lev. I too take up for Chip, Seth, BA, and Jeff when they are attacked. I appreciate Dawgnation and what they do for Dawg fans. Everything, except these Look Back at National Championship. Even that, I recognize that many probably enjoy those Look Backs.

I’m like most on here, I think we all want to move forward and not keep rehashing old wounds, but these last “final looks” that have been posted lately, well they don’t really seem to bother me as bad as they used to. At least THIS time, they’ve FINALLY let it sink in and ‘acknowledge’ that YES those **** refs DID cost us the game. Everybody knew it, but they all skirted around the truth the first time when the original articles came out, saying well it coulda been this, it coulda been that, there’s no way we’ll ever know, blah blah blah. But NOW they see it in a different light, the same one we all see/saw/whatever. So hopefully all of us readers and writers are all on the same page and same revenge train now. Let the BIGGER dawgs eat this year!!!

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@gregoose You’ll be happy to know that Chip was on BA’s podcast on Monday saying that yes, there were some bad calls and UGA got the raw end of the deal there. But ULTIMATELY, the game came down to personnel. And Bama just had more talent on the field because of past recruiting success.

• Options

@levander said:
    @gregoose You’ll be happy to know that Chip was on BA’s podcast on Monday saying that yes, there were some bad calls and UGA got the raw end of the deal there. But ULTIMATELY, the game came down to personnel. And Bama just had more talent on the field because of past recruiting success.

I heard him and was glad to hear his final acceptance. And yep I agree, the coaches call the plays - but the players on the field are the ones who have to execute it. Hopefully this year our guys remember what it took to get there, but also have that burning fire in their bellies to GATA even more.

• Options

Another article tonight in the AJC on “the last play.” Geez, what a ridiculous paper. Let it rest, DawgNation.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yessir, I'm tired of reading the easy-to-write stories filled with typos. C'mon, DawgNation.com... the vacation is over. Quit treating your readers like click-bait. Give us some engaging and meaningful content. At the very least, move on from the woe-is-me stuff.

• Options

Of the three articles in the AJC today, all three mention 2012 SECCG, and two mention Jan2018 CG. Maybe it’s just me being paranoid. One article on UGA not yet being close to Alabama recruiting success. RTR, AJC.