Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Daily Double: Hear why Frank Martin did Mark Fox no favors with his postgame comments

DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here's today's DawgNation Daily Double...

Comments

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loving the offense and bullpen that diamonddawgs putting out early in the season!

• Options
    SwadSwad Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I know I'm in the minority here, but IMO, 6 minutes is not enough time to talk about all the "Non-football" teams when they are in season. Right now, when we're waiting on spring practice to begin and have all the recruiting wrapped up, in my opinion the hottest story at UGA is Fox's hotseat. For special occasions such as this, I think it would be OK to use some of the regular broadcast time to address it. Thanks for all your great work!

• Options
    DawgBKDawgBK Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just don't have faith in Mark Fox's coaching. Even just the simplest of things... Look when the opposing team is setting screens at the point. Every single time one of our guys run under the screen and leave about 4 to 5 ft of a gap between the shooter and makes for an easy shot for a skilled guard. That is coaching... you never run under a screen

• Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

All I want is a competitive team with some hope for competing for championships. I'm not going to degrade any coach but records tell the story. Assuming you play to win...

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@andrews1253 said:
    All I want is a competitive team with some hope for competing for championships. I'm not going to degrade any coach but records tell the story. Assuming you play to win...

I try not to make it personal like the idiot tribe that called Coach Richt ''preacher Richt'' in an insulting manner. Coach Fox seems to be a decent person and he's not ****, but he is a bit over his head at this level in my opinion. He also seems to be pointlessly stubborn in continuing to run an offense that he clearly isn't good at instilling in his players and no college team has ever won a title running.
    He's had 9 seasons and he still has the same issues he had early on. He's had us ranked in the top 25 exactly 1 week over those 9 years...yikes.

• Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

@andrews1253 said:

I try not to make it personal like the idiot tribe that called Coach Richt ''preacher Richt'' in an insulting manner. Coach Fox seems to be a decent person and he's not ****, but he is a bit over his head at this level in my opinion. He also seems to be pointlessly stubborn in continuing to run an offense that he clearly isn't good at instilling in his players and no college team has ever won a title running.
    He's had 9 seasons and he still has the same issues he had early on. He's had us ranked in the top 25 exactly 1 week over those 9 years...yikes.

I've heard analyst, more than once, say Fox is a good scheming coach. I'm not knowledgeable enough to conclude either way but your assessment sure seems to fit better. Like I said the record tells it all and I for one am baffled that Georgia consistently ranks near the bottom of the conference. No one seems to enjoy watching his offense.

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBK said:
    I just don't have faith in Mark Fox's coaching. Even just the simplest of things... Look when the opposing team is setting screens at the point. Every single time one of our guys run under the screen and leave about 4 to 5 ft of a gap between the shooter and makes for an easy shot for a skilled guard. That is coaching... you never run under a screen

There's plenty of times that you run under a screen. Depends on if the guy who is having the screen set for him is a better driver than shooter.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiffLowman said:

@DawgBK said:

There's plenty of times that you run under a screen. Depends on if the guy who is having the screen set for him is a better driver than shooter.

Thank you. Amazing how many OC and basketball HC's there are out there.

• Options
    PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@BiffLowman said:

@DawgBK said:

Was about to say the same thing. I've coached both football and basketball and it sometimes amazes me how much the casual fan doesn't know. Maybe you have to have actually played the games. But I find in a lot of cases even the most die hard fans are just ball watchers. They know the basic rules and watch the ball. These games are so, so much more complex. This is not a dig at the OP of this reply. At least he had an opinion on what to do during a play situation. Some guys are googling what a screen is right now

• Options

If you stay on your man and don't leave a gap for a screener to pin you then you never run under it. More times than not the screener is a center or power forward being their tallest guy. Sitting duck if you run under it. There is help down low im the schemes we run if you get beat at the top of the key. Oyr big men are some of the best defenders down low.

• Options

No I've actaully played the game and you get scored on more times running under vall screens than staying with your man. Can also dtaw a foul ir a moving screen call. But I respect all the opinions. Obviously this just a very small blip of the issues we have. Defense is actually pretty decent. But man how bout them Dawgs yesterday... offense was flowing 3/4 if the game! Was nice to see let's keep it going!