Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Android Users - Help?

ACPEPPER24ACPEPPER24 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

I use a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and I try to listen to the Dawgnation podcast each day using SoundCloud. Some days it works fine, but most days it will either not play at all, or it stops every few minutes. I've heard BA say others are listening on Androids with no problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Try this:
    Clear Individual App Cache
    1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon > Settings > Applications. These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
    2. Tap Application Manager.
    3. Locate then tap the appropriate app.
    4. Tap Storage.
    5. Tap CLEAR CACHE. This option may not be available for some apps.
    6. Restart the Samsung

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have the Player FM app and it works great for me

• Options
    ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I listen to the sound cloud every day with my android. Never have problems.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I spoke to BA about SoundCloud app issues at a couple of the live events. He told me multiple times that they were looking for other venues, and I recommended just posting them to Google Play multiple times. Went so far as to see what the hurdles we're for setting up an account (hint: it's free and just requires an email and password setup.)

Never had the issues you're describing, but when SoundCloud started injecting their own ads in the middle of podcast ad reads, I threw in the towel. Yes, I literally mean an ad played in the middle of another ad. I mean, I get that people have to eat, but come on...

Sadly, DND was the only daily podcast in my rotation. Now I'm forced to listen to the radio a couple of days a week during my commutes... The horror.

• Options
    ACPEPPER24ACPEPPER24 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tried the Player FM App yesterday and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for the advice!