Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia Basketball takes down Mizzou

ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wednesday- Vandy
Thursday- Missouri
Next up . . . Kentucky on Friday.

Comments

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As Erk Russell used to say “just one more time”.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dad: Clayton was like 2-3 from 3 pt arch. Usually fox would take him out after he missed one as “punishment.”

Me: well, he made 2, that would usually be enough for him to bench Crump and not let him back in even after the team goes 7 mins without a bucket.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Too little too late.....The Dawgs would have to win the SEC to get into the tournament...The NIT? Not interested

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I’ll tell you what, here’s what I told my team. In life and in basketball, when the going gets tough, some people run for the hills, and other people try and climb them,” Fox said. “And they were down 10-0, and they decided to try to climb back in it, and that’s what they did.”
    ---So what Fox is saying is that some people run for the hills, and then some other people also run for the hills. Both climb them if they are running to them. Maybe what the other people should do differently is stand their ground, methinks.

• Options

@BoulderDawg said:
    Too little too late.....The Dawgs would have to win the SEC to get into the tournament...The NIT? Not interested

We could be like the 83 NC State team, The Cardiac Pack.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawgsauce said:
    “I’ll tell you what, here’s what I told my team. In life and in basketball, when the going gets tough, some people run for the hills, and other people try and climb them,” Fox said. “And they were down 10-0, and they decided to try to climb back in it, and that’s what they did.”
    ---So what Fox is saying is that some people run for the hills, and then some other people also run for the hills. Both climb them if they are running to them. Maybe what the other people should do differently is stand their ground, methinks.

I didn't notice that. Kind of funny now that I think about it. Getting kind of crowded in those hills, I guess.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Reeldawg said:

Check the won/lost record of that 83 team....now look at ours....

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want to strangle Mark Fox, I won't of course..... that would be wrong ?
    The man can only coach in short spurts when his job is on the line.
    His fate should be sealed at UGA...period.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Reeldawg said:

@BoulderDawg said:

NC St. had a HC, we don't.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This team would be a lock for the tournament, and would be SEC Champs if the games were 20-30 minutes instead of 40. Fox would have a 10 year contract. I almost cant help but be negative about a conference tournament run if it threatens the potential of team over the next 3 years under new leadership. We CANNOT have a repeat of Dennis Felton’s final year.

• Options
    Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Pigeons said:
    If the dawgs beat Kentucky then Auburn, they are in for sure. Huge if, though.

That's not gonna be enough. The only way they get in is if they win it all.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guess a fitting way to send him out on a positive.

• Options
    corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've got Bama over Auburn today

• Options

The only comparison I could make with the 83 team is winning out the conference tournament . Other than that, Jimmy V and his 83 team stand alone.