Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

4 or more national championship games in a row

TDawgTDawg Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maulers on the O-line, QB's, RB's, TE's and WR's . I foresee an offensive juggernaut. Only weakness I see on Defense is CB but if the opposing teams QB can't get the ball out they will have time to catch up as the season progresses. We are going be the team no one wants to see. There's a new Sheriff in town.

Comments

• DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't think Georgia will be contenders again until the 2019 season at the earliest (or January 2020 CFP), but definitely the 2020 season (January 2021 CFP) for sure. I've said it too many times already but when I see threads like this I have to bring out my opinion. I believe 2018 Georgia will take a step back losing a lot of those seniors and 1st round picks who contributed to the team, and we lose a coach who was a huge part of our special teams as well. I could see 2018 Georgia being similar to 2003 Georgia or 2011 Georgia who won the East with 2 regular season losses but lost the SEC championship. I believe the defense and special teams will take a step back, while our offense should be better because Jake Fromm will getting better in the passing game. Nick Chubb and Sony Michel are irreplaceable, but DeAndre Swift and our new RB's coming in will give us a spark.

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mqg96 said:
    I don't think Georgia will be contenders again until the 2019 season at the earliest (or January 2020 CFP), but definitely the 2020 season (January 2021 CFP) for sure. I've said it too many times already but when I see threads like this I have to bring out my opinion. I believe 2018 Georgia will take a step back losing a lot of those seniors and 1st round picks who contributed to the team, and we lose a coach who was a huge part of our special teams as well. I could see 2018 Georgia being similar to 2003 Georgia or 2011 Georgia who won the East with 2 regular season losses but lost the SEC championship. I believe the defense and special teams will take a step back, while our offense should be better because Jake Fromm will getting better in the passing game. Nick Chubb and Sony Michel are irreplaceable, but DeAndre Swift and our new RB's coming in will give us a spark.

I think we will lose 1 sec game going into the SECCG. It will either be @SC, @LSU or Auburn. With film on Tua and a chip on our shoulder, I like our chances against Bama. Will we make it back to the NC? Maybe not, but I think we will be in the playoffs.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jgf1031 said:
    I think we will lose 1 sec game going into the SECCG. It will either be @SC, @LSU or Auburn. With film on Tua and a chip on our shoulder, I like our chances against Bama. Will we make it back to the NC? Maybe not, but I think we will be in the playoffs.

LSU plays both Miami, Auburn Old Miss and Florida before Georgia. unless they get their QB sorted out they could easily be 4-2 when they play Georgia. Georgia is only playing South Carolina, Missouri, Tennessee and Vanderbilt before LSU. While it is possible for South Carolina to beat Georgia, for anyone else to do it is very unlikely. If Georgia goes into the LSU game 6-0 it will mean that they are not rebuilding but only reloading. Yes Georgia lost a lot of talent but overall they are a more talented team in 2018 than they were in 2017. I may be wrong but by the 7 games of the season I think Georgia's defense will have gelled.

@oldon42 said:

@jgf1031 said:

LSU plays both Miami, Auburn Old Miss and Florida before Georgia. unless they get their QB sorted out they could easily be 4-2 when they play Georgia. Georgia is only playing South Carolina, Missouri, Tennessee and Vanderbilt before LSU. While it is possible for South Carolina to beat Georgia, for anyone else to do it is very unlikely. If Georgia goes into the LSU game 6-0 it will mean that they are not rebuilding but only reloading. Yes Georgia lost a lot of talent but overall they are a more talented team in 2018 than they were in 2017. I may be wrong but by the 7 games of the season I think Georgia's defense will have gelled.

LSU typically has a pretty good defense and Baton Rouge is always a tough place to play. Regardless of who they play prior, I'm not sure you can just tally that as an automatic win. Auburn is the least likely loss given that it's not in Jerd'n Herr. If SC were on the schedule where it was last year, I wouldn't worry one bit. If we stumble, I think the earlier the better. Thanks for your input m8.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope you're right, but even if you aren't I like your enthusiasm.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jgf1031 said:

@mqg96 said:

Well, I can agree with that or it could be no losses or 2 losses. As Kirby says, "Demeanor", aka 'attytude' will determine the team. The O should be super potent, the D will gell or jell eventually likely at a high level. Special teams will likely have a drop off, 'cause '17 was off the chain. So, do the Dawgs have the 'tude to dominate given a too lingering afterglow (pardon the expression, 'rat poison') of the NatCG? If they put it on the field, they can beat Bamer and a natty this season is not far fetched. Go Dawgs!

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

The character this team takes on will determine how far they go. Don't believe they will take a step backwards, just too much talent, but I also believe 2019 is the year of the Dawg.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@andrews1253 said:
    The character this team takes on will determine how far they go. Don't believe they will take a step backwards, just too much talent, but I also believe 2019 is the year of the Dawg.

...year of the Dawg - 2018 Chinese Year of the Dog

If the defense jells as well as the offense did in 2017 Georgia is going to be really good. Last year the defense had to carry the offense until the offense had a chance to mature. I expect the increase in overall talent to make Georgia a slightly better team in 2018. Say 5 points better in the Natty.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsonTop said:
    Dilly Dilly?

Dilly Dilly!

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If your oline is good, you can have the Kool Aid man back there and control the game on the ground......

@FirePlugDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:

@mqg96 said:

Well, I can agree with that or it could be no losses or 2 losses. As Kirby says, "Demeanor", aka 'attytude' will determine the team. The O should be super potent, the D will gell or jell eventually likely at a high level. Special teams will likely have a drop off, 'cause '17 was off the chain. So, do the Dawgs have the 'tude to dominate given a too lingering afterglow (pardon the expression, 'rat poison') of the NatCG? If they put it on the field, they can beat Bamer and a natty this season is not far fetched. Go Dawgs!

That's the one good thing about losing all those seniors. There won't be an overwhelming amount of guys on the field who were starting in the 17 NC. I think the 'tude they will have is "let's finish what they started"

That's what I'm hoping for, at least.

• TDawgTDawg Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

ESPN writer agree's! Well, at least about the offensive firepower about to be unleashed.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Undefeated but not unblemished heading into the SECCG. USCjr will be a dawg fight probably a night game. Death Valley will be an **** win 17-10 or so. There won’t be as many blowouts. We beat the gaytors by 10, UT by 20, and Auburn by 3. We will be undefeated. Then can we get over the Bama hump. It may be too soon to call it a hump, IMO. The beauty of being young, you don’t know what you don’t know. These talented youngsters may not have that healthy fear of Bama and just go out and play ball in another virtual home game.

My prediction: 13-0 headed into PO with some **** ball played in between.

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Undefeated but not unblemished heading into the SECCG. USCjr will be a dawg fight probably a night game. Death Valley will be an **** win 17-10 or so. There won’t be as many blowouts. We beat the gaytors by 10, UT by 20, and Auburn by 3. We will be undefeated. Then can we get over the Bama hump. It may be too soon to call it a hump, IMO. The beauty of being young, you don’t know what you don’t know. These talented youngsters may not have that healthy fear of Bama and just go out and play ball in another virtual home game.

My prediction: 13-0 headed into PO with some **** ball played in between.

Maybe not as many near shut out style blowouts like in ‘17, but I think we end up with just as many. For example I think beating Tennessee 45-17 is a blowout and that seams perfectly reasonable to me for ‘18. I don’t deny the defense will have to prove they can stay elite without all the LBs from last year but the offense should only be better without having to break stride. If the online and WRs improves only marginally, we know what Fromm and the RBs can do. i actually agree with ESPN that our offense will become elite while also getting a little more balanced. Should put up points on anyone on the schedule. And I’m not nearly as scared of LSU as some. People will point to AUburn 1 last year as proof of how hard winning a SEC west road game at night is. I think it’s a joke to compare LSU to that aurburn team. It will be a tough out for sure but CKS has shown be he can get a team mentally and emotionally ready to play in a dogfight. That’s something the last regime never did.

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m sorry but where does uscjr have any kind of edge over uga? I think we cruise to a win in columbia

@dawgy10 said:
    I’m sorry but where does uscjr have any kind of edge over uga? I think we cruise to a win in columbia

No edge over us, BUT they were the only East team that we didn't blow out last year, their best player was injured, and they were in Athens. I foresee a nail-biter to the tune of 21-17

@jgf1031 said:

@dawgy10 said:

No edge over us, BUT they were the only East team that we didn't blow out last year, their best player was injured, and they were in Athens. I foresee a nail-biter to the tune of 21-17

I think it is going to be more like 35-31 because the D is going to so inexperienced.

@oldon42 said:

@jgf1031 said:

@dawgy10 said:

I think it is going to be more like 35-31 because the D is going to so inexperienced.

It's going to be a frustrating game as a fan either way. Besides the first Auburn game, the Mizz game was the hardest to watch just because they had several HUGE plays. If we allow 31 pts, I will throw my beer across the room...again.