Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

4 or more national championship games in a row

2»

Comments

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

We all keep forgetting CKS is coaching a system. We are year 3 of the system and look at what happened in year 2. That is what makes Alabama and New England Patriots successful year after year. Throw in talent and you have a recipe for destruction,,,,,,,for our opponents. Georgia has one of the most competitive high school systems in the country. We produce per capita more 3,4, and 5 star talent than any other state and the quantity is right there with Florida, Texas, and California. They all have populations over 20 million each and I think GA is just over 6 million. We could be looking at the winningest program of all time before this is over. That's if political correctness doesn't kill the sport first.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

California Population Ranked 1st 39,536,653 (2017 est.)
    Texas Population Ranked 2nd 28,304,596 (2017 est.)
    Florida Population Ranked 3rd 20,984,400 (2017 est.)
    Georgia Population Ranked 8th 10,310,371 (2016 est.)

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm definitely have to revisit this topic after the addition of D-Rob. What a talent for a young receivers to learn from. Iron sharpens Iron.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These are the kind of topics that end up on other boards or Bama locker room bulletin boards. I could be wrong, but there are about 45 games that have to be won before we can claim 4 NCs. Let’s get one first before we get too cocky. I’m confident, too, but everyone take a breath.

• Options
    dawgwood82dawgwood82 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'd just like to point out that last year, the only person talking about Dawgs in the NC was Barret Sallee and I, for one, thought he was maybe a bit early. For the most part we all thought it'd be a good year but 2018 was THE year.

That times here now, Kirbys mindset has been absorbed by the team, our roster is deep, the new blood is at the door waiting to get in and wreck ish, the admins are on board, hell even Chaney has been forgiven and 75% of us were ready to stick an apple in his mouth and fire up the pit at one point or another.

It'll be a good year regardless, and these are the times any fan since...well, pick any year after Herschel, will cherish for a long long while. Come whatever may

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we can get past mighty Austin Peay..all things are possible !

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@FirePlugDawg said:

@andrews1253 said:
    The character this team takes on will determine how far they go. Don't believe they will take a step backwards, just too much talent, but I also believe 2019 is the year of the Dawg.

...year of the Dawg - 2018 Chinese Year of the Dog

@FirePlugDawg you took the words right out of my mouth!!! I have been saying that exact same thing in many of my own various comments here in the DawgNation, since I found out (back in January) that this year, according to the Chinese calendar is the year of the DAWG. I agree with you, (& this thread's OP) that Georgia challenges EVERYBODY for a "NATTY" THIS YEAR!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Last year was an amazing year. We had a Sophomore head coach and a freshman QB go to the national championship game and take Bama to overtime. I personally had my expectations last year set on winning the east and playing a good game in the SEC championship. To me those expectations were realistic considering a 2nd year head coach. Especially when we consider that the year before had losses to TN, FL, Tech and Vanderbilt. Not to mention just getting by Nichols State and Kentucky. It made the season that much more special to me as everything that happened after winning the east was icing on the cake to my opening season projections.

With that being said we do play in the SEC and we all know and recognize the hurdle we have to get over in Alabama most years in order to make national championships a possibility. Essentially the SECCG will determine who the national champion may be. That is a big hurdle that we have to get by each and every year and battle out. Realistic expectations do not point to us winning the SECCG 4 years in a row, the Vegas odds on that would be very rough for sure.

My expectations for the next 5 years: Win the east all 5 years. Win the SECCG 3 years, play in 3 national championships, win 2 of those

Over a 7 years for Kirby that would mean:
    Winning the east for 6/7 years
    winning the SEC championship 4/7 years
    Going to the national championship 4/7 years
    Winning the national championship 2/7 years

Of course I would like more than this.... However, given then crazy week in and week out of college football as well as dealing with teenagers as some of the players.... I think what I have above is realistic

• Options
    ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    Last year was an amazing year. We had a Sophomore head coach and a freshman QB go to the national championship game and take Bama to overtime. I personally had my expectations last year set on winning the east and playing a good game in the SEC championship. To me those expectations were realistic considering a 2nd year head coach. Especially when we consider that the year before had losses to TN, FL, Tech and Vanderbilt. Not to mention just getting by Nichols State and Kentucky. It made the season that much more special to me as everything that happened after winning the east was icing on the cake to my opening season projections.

With that being said we do play in the SEC and we all know and recognize the hurdle we have to get over in Alabama most years in order to make national championships a possibility. Essentially the SECCG will determine who the national champion may be. That is a big hurdle that we have to get by each and every year and battle out. Realistic expectations do not point to us winning the SECCG 4 years in a row, the Vegas odds on that would be very rough for sure.

My expectations for the next 5 years: Win the east all 5 years. Win the SECCG 3 years, play in 3 national championships, win 2 of those

Over a 7 years for Kirby that would mean:
    Winning the east for 6/7 years
    winning the SEC championship 4/7 years
    Going to the national championship 4/7 years
    Winning the national championship 2/7 years

Of course I would like more than this.... However, given then crazy week in and week out of college football as well as dealing with teenagers as some of the players.... I think what I have above is realistic

I can live with this. Heck I just want to stomp a mud hole in Flor-duh every year and be a contender.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Counting chickens but I'm already thinking where would be the better place to go..........Dallas would be a lot cheaper but Miami would be more of a party