Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

If the Falcons could take anyone they want

BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the Falcons had (5) first round picks. Picks 1 thru 5, anybody you want, who would you pick?

Comments

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

M. Fitzpatrick
    Vitae
    B. Chubb
    R. Smith
    S. Barkley/I. Wynn

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bradley Chubb
    Qenton Nelson
    Saquon Barkley
    Minkah Fitzpatrick
    Vita Vea/Denzel Ward

• Options

@jay_kubzz said:
    Bradley Chubb
    Qenton Nelson
    Saquon Barkley
    Minkah Fitzpatrick
    Vita Vea/Denzel Ward

Those are mine too. Imagine the additions of Chubb and Nelson.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fitzpatrick would get my first evaluation.
    If everything checked out, he's be my pick for The Birds.

• Options

I think Nelson would be my #1

• Options

@Bigcalidawg said:
    I think Nelson would be my #1

Nelson is a beast, but taking a OG at #1 would be tough to swallow.
    If we're not allowed to trade the pick I'd go another way. NOW... if I could trade down to the appropriate spot, I might well take Nelson. More likely I'd trade down to where Wynn is slotted and pick up some extra capital.

• Options

Nelson’s slotted to go what, like 10, or 11?

• Options

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Nelson’s slotted to go what, like 10, or 11?

I've seen him anywhere from 7th to 12th lately.

• Options
    Steve_ZissouSteve_Zissou Posts: 307 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll take Isiah Wynn over Nelson at OG every day. Maybe biased but I think Wynn should be our 1st round pick

• Options
    Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Imagine the safety tandem of Neal and M. Fitzpatrick. Lethal.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With the trade for the guard from the 49ers the falcons probably aren't looking OL in the 1st round anyway. Gotta think DL, specifically interior DL.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting that nobody is considering Sony. I know where they need help at, but Sony is going to be a steal for whatever team picks him.

• Options
    mclartywmclartyw Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

@UnderDog68 said:
    Interesting that nobody is considering Sony. I know where they need help at, but Sony is going to be a steal for whatever team picks him.

Love Sony but this is a thread about if they had a shot at anyone on the board. They could have Sony at 26 if they want him let alone if they had the first pick..

• Options

@PTDawg said:
    With the trade for the guard from the 49ers the falcons probably aren't looking OL in the 1st round anyway. Gotta think DL, specifically interior DL.

Yep, they will go with defense and having tied up a lot in 2 long term contracts on CBs that leaves DL and safety as primary needs.
    I think they'll look DL first and only go elsewhere if the value of an available player is considerably greater than what is on the board at DL.
    I won't be shocked if they trade up and take the big Somoan from Washington.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Actually saw one mock where Ridley fell to them. I don't see that happening but, just for discussion, if it did that would be tempting. I think DL is the biggest need but if there's no one there in the 1st that they love, I don't know... Best available player, imo.

• Options

I wouldn’t mind getting 2 linemen and 2 linebackers with first 4. Then scoop up a wideout and a Fullback