Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Zeus donning the #3

chub4Chubbchub4Chubb Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe too early, but I think we have a Todd Gurley reincarnate.. minus the dreads, I see a lot of similarities between TG3 and Zamir White. Will be pretty cool to see that #3 running through folks for the next few years!

Comments

• superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

i was under the impression he was going to be wearing Herchel's #34, swear I heard we were using that as a selling point while we were recruiting him.

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@superblackeagle said:
    i was under the impression he was going to be wearing Herchel's #34, swear I heard we were using that as a selling point while we were recruiting him.

That’s a hard no. Not just from me but the athletic department as well. UGA doesn’t unretire numbers

• chub4Chubbchub4Chubb Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

Zamir White will wear 3. Period. Can’t wait!

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@superblackeagle said:

Correct, we did hear that as being a want, but I would imagine a polite “no” was given to the young man. Followed by earn your own legacy.

Honestly, mean that respectfully.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Now who’s going to get their version of number 3 retired...gurley or zamir?

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

Of all the “yeah... but what if” guys through the years TG3 has to be the one that hurts the most. If I remember correctly, he was leading several early heisman ballots and was on pace to make a run at 34’s single season record before his autograph scandal. In fact I got a little sick in my stomach while I typed this.

You should be a tad sick.. this wasn’t in reference to Allen and his story. TG3 paid his dues (Heisman), served his suspension, and took the rock to the House his next turn back in the greates uniform there is.. and stands as one of the most iconic Dawgs ever.. and still represents UGA the way we want it to! Scandal?!? If that’s what you associate Todd with then you’re on the wrong forum

My bad VaBeachDawg.. you struck a nerve.. I know your intentions were good

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How about Roquan?

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@VaBeachDawg said:

@Kasey said:

Of all the “yeah... but what if” guys through the years TG3 has to be the one that hurts the most. If I remember correctly, he was leading several early heisman ballots and was on pace to make a run at 34’s single season record before his autograph scandal. In fact I got a little sick in my stomach while I typed this.

If he never gets suspended we had an outside shot at the playoffs that year

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VaBeachDawg said:

@superblackeagle said:

That’s a hard no. Not just from me but the athletic department as well. UGA doesn’t unretire numbers

Correct. I remember that when we were recruiting Ernie Simms, he wanted #34 and said he would come to UGA if they unretired it. FSU's #34 was also retired at that time, and Simms told them the same thing. Well....FSU unretired their #34, with the blessing of Ron Sellers, who wore it, and you know the rest. A rumor at that time was that Herschel asked the athletic dept. to unretire #34 to land Simms, but they said no.