Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Disabled Veteran

124»

Comments

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he came in here and promoted communism I wouldn't say anything. That's his right to believe in what he wants, but that's not what happened.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2018

Wow, never knew we had so many vets on here (myself included).

This thread is a lot like that thing that you accidently picked up one night in Manilla (Navy/Marines), or Korea (Army), or ? (Air Force). It just won't go away. Everytime I get on here and see it I immediately think of BOHICA (Bend Over Here It Comes Again)......

@JeffSentell , @SavageDawg17 , @DawgNationDaily, or God Almighty ANY mod, please delete this thread ASAP (that means As Soon As Possible for you non-vets).

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DamnYankeeDawg said:

@donm said:

@DamnYankeeDawg said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

@BigGAdawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@BigGAdawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@BigGAdawg said:

@tymoon31 said:
    Leave it to the army. You want a nipple for your beer bottle too?

What a jerk!!!

Poor thing, you need a chair?

Still a jerk--easy to be rude when you think you are anonymous...

Nothing anonymous about me... my name is in my screen name. Cant say as much for you.

Anonymity ends when you stand face to face with a man. what you use for your screen name means nothing in that regard. Go away child you are beginning to be boring. You have no grounds to be a rude jerk to veterans...who provide the free air you breathe.

Done.

I’m a Vet and have no problem with people complaining about disability services and all that. The second you use the fact that you are a DV to garner sympathy or attack someone else patriotism you cross a line and I will call you out 100% of the time. Be thankful you have limbs below your knees big guy.

Agree with what you said. I will take it a step further. OP has Do You Know Who I Am syndrome. There is an entitlement that the OP expects because he served in the military, doesn't get the expected service that he believes he should get and then condescends toward "them", whoever they are, because he is a veteran,

Money quote from the OP - "No respect for this country's veterans or what they have sacrificed for them ex. The simple ability to play football in a free country." Reminds me of Jack Nicholson in a Few Good Men albeit with a less than Oscar worthy script.

I'm a vet. Cold War. What this person said is garbage and should not be defended.

Are you saying he doesn't have the right to express his feelings, even if they are misguided?

Nope. He can say anything he wants. I just happen to strongly disagree with his statements that I placed in quotes.

Me too.

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

This thread is a lot like that thing that you accidently picked up one night in Manilla (Navy/Marines), or Korea (Army), or ? (Air Force). It just won't go away. Everytime I get on here and see it I immediately think of BOHICA (Bend Over Here It Comes Again)......

@JeffSentell , @SavageDawg17 , @DawgNationDaily, or God Almighty ANY mod, please delete this thread ASAP (that means As Soon As Possible for you non-vets).

Cant handle the fire?

• Options

@tymoon31 said:

@BamaDawg said:

Cant handle the fire?

Nah, the fire doesn't bothers me. I got **** into this argument earlier (if you go back and look), I'm not going to do it again. Its a **** argument that the OP started and then left and we all took the bait and ran with it. The internet is a place where anyone can be anyone. I mean we have had everyone but the Secretary of Defense on here, and given time I believe he will pop up. I was reminded by @polynikes that arguing with someone over the internet is a futile endeavor. You can't beat ****, so why try?

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Let me never fall into the **** mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Options

the word v.u.l.g.a.r. was censored. Hysterical.

• Options

@BiffLowman said:

My post had s.u.c.k e.d and s.t.u.p.i.d censored

• Options

@BamaDawg said:

@BiffLowman said:

My post had s.u.c.k e.d and s.t.u.p.i.d censored

We need to get rid of the 3rd grade setting here.

• Options

Having an actual discussion over the internet is impossible and doesn't work. Frequent internet debate trains you to be reactionary and tone deaf. Two people with similar backgrounds and beliefs can argue over the same point bc it is done without tone.

• Options

@Polynikes said:
    Having an actual discussion over the internet is impossible and doesn't work. Frequent internet debate trains you to be reactionary and tone deaf. Two people with similar backgrounds and beliefs can argue over the same point bc it is done without tone.

I am a 47 year old man. My son is 21. He has "said" things to people via text/social media that he would NEVER say to their face. It ticks me off. I told him the other day that he can not be "that" kid. Rule #1: quit flexing those twitter muscles...don't type anything that you wouldn't say to someone's face.

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 2018

... Just Damm ...
    Folks filled with too much piss and vinegar these days.
    Can't we Dawgs all just get along ... and move on to hating Gators, Vols, War Beagles, and Bees?? :D

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BullyDawg said:
    ... Just Damm ...
    Can't we Dawgs all just get along ... and move on to hating Gators, Vols, War Beagles, and Bees?? :D

Since we correct spelling here,..... Yellow Jackets are wasps, not bees. Bees are noble creatures giving delicious honey, and pollinating a variety of crops. Wasps are nasty things that hide in your soda pop can and sting you without mercy.

• Options

@FirePlugDawg said:

@BullyDawg said:
    ... Just Damm ...

Since we correct spelling here,..... Yellow Jackets are wasps, not bees. Bees are noble creatures giving delicious honey, and pollinating a variety of crops. Wasps are nasty things that hide in your soda pop can and sting you without mercy.

A wasp is a fool.