The Athletic

KaseyKasey Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone else signed up for this? I’ve been holding out forever but Emerson being off dawgnation made me think twice. I already enjoy Stewart Mandel.

I swear this isn’t spam. I’m just curious if anyone else has signed up. Not having ads is strange and refreshing

Comments

  • BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I will wait til i get some feedback from some knowledgeable people...

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @BamaDawg said:
    I will wait til i get some feedback from some knowledgeable people...

    You’re trying to say I’m not knowledgeable?!?!?

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @BobcatGrad said:
    Been thinking about it.

    I guess it is ok to subscribe as long as we continue to shop at Kroger's if we are not eating at Marlow's or ordering a Pizza from Marcos that we wash down with Dixie V o d k a.

    I still love chip and Jeff, but I missed Seth and his work. After one day I feel like I got my money’s worth

  • moosmoos Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    There was an interview about the Athletic on the Solid Verbal a couple of weeks back. They mentioned Seth by name. Was funny to hear the world's collide. Sounded like a good reporting model.

  • BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Kasey said:

    @BamaDawg said:
    I will wait til i get some feedback from some knowledgeable people...

    You’re trying to say I’m not knowledgeable?!?!?

    Lol... of course not. Just going need more info ... does it cost? Does it cover more than UGA? Do they have free t-shirts?

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @BamaDawg said:

    @Kasey said:

    @BamaDawg said:
    I will wait til i get some feedback from some knowledgeable people...

    You’re trying to say I’m not knowledgeable?!?!?

    Lol... of course not. Just going need more info ... does it cost? Does it cover more than UGA? Do they have free t-shirts?

    It's 2.99 a month. You can read every article on the website. They cover all sports. They have a good app where you can customize the feed of articles you want to follow. I've spent all day catching up on the last month of Emerson pieces. No free shirts (for now)

  • dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    I can tell u wat to not sign up for, that's dawgs247, waste of money, nothing the insiders say is worth as anything, may as well just listen to @JeffSentell

  • dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 483 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited May 15

    There is no knock on anyone to sign up to the Athletic and Seth Emmerson always brings some good content in his reporting as do most of these guys. Think it's a question of economics and time for consumption. I signed up for the Athletic but 247 first on my Kroger clicklist.

  • UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @dawgy10 said:
    I can tell u wat to not sign up for, that's dawgs247, waste of money, nothing the insiders say is worth as anything, may as well just listen to @JeffSentell

    This. ^^^^^

    That site went straight to h3ll when Scout went down the toilet.

  • BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 331 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @dawgy10 said:
    I can tell u wat to not sign up for, that's dawgs247, waste of money, nothing the insiders say is worth as anything, may as well just listen to @JeffSentell

    Agree. But I think @JeffSentell deserves more than a "may as well listen to"! His Intel is spot on and beats the pay sites on a regular basis. I think it starts and ends with Jeff doing the difficult legwork with recruits and having integrity in his dealings.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Jeff is second to none when it comes to recruiting. Tells it like it is. If he ever goes to the athletic you’re not gonna see much of me around these parts

Sign In or Register to comment.