Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How does Burrows to LSU affect our feelings towards that game?

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How does Burrows to LSU affect our feelings towards that game? 28 votes

UGA will clobber them
35%
mattmd2dawgkeeperVaBeachDawgPigeonsWartownDawglmiked7jgf1031judasdurantBrianDawggeorgiaflyer 10 votes
UGA will still win but by a TD or less
25%
amjadawgsDakotaDawgFanBullyDawghall1138AgDawgchristopherulestymoon31 7 votes
Burrows makes things even stevens
7%
tfk_fanboyAtlanta_Dawg 2 votes
LSU has slight advantage
3%
BiffLowman 1 vote
LSU will win by a TD or more
0%
Need more info on Burrows to decide
28%
BigGAdawgtiger_62082CZCashvilleDawgmleeinsertusernamehereChicagoDawgSoFL_DawgdawgOf2002 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Who is Burrows?

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Need more info on Burrows to decide

Ohio State transfer who got beat out.

I chose ...... Still win by two scores, 10-14 point win atleast.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod
    edited May 2018

need to add " Blah " to the poll to represent my "feelings".......

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    UGA will clobber them

Clobber was the closest to how I feel but it’s more in the middle of that and a TD or less. I think the game is well in hand in the 4th. How many points of a lead that is I’m not sure.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2018

@ghostofuga1 said:

How do you say, "blah" in creole? "Bleaux?" Either way, I "gaarontee"

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am totally "Committed to the G", but want to provide some objective background on Joe Burrow.

Joe has a very high "Football IQ". His father Jimmy is the Defensive Coordinator at my Alma Mater, Ohio University. His Dad played at Nebraska and did both of his brothers.

Burrow was selected as the Ohio Gatorade Player of the Year as a HS Senior after throwing for 63 TD's and only 2 Int's. For his career he threw for over 11,400 yards and ran for over 2000 yards. He is a very strong runner, with deceptive speed who is a true Read / Option threat. Burrow was recruited by Tom Herman of Texas.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/joe-burrow/32B6x_TxEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

He was clearly the number two QB last summer behind Barrett until he fractured his throwing hand on a helmet during a late August practice. Once the season started, Haskins took all of the #2 snaps and performed well against Michigan. Haskins has three years to play so that played well in his favor in addition to helping with future recruiting out of Maryland.

If I had a choice between Fromm or Burrow, I take Fromm in a pretty easy decision. I like Fromm's personality better and his leadership is tough for anybody to beat. In terms of accuracy with Fromm, overall I think it is pretty equal. I might give
    Jake an overall advantage, but Burrow is much better on the screens than Fromm or Eason. Burrow is very flexible to make various passes. Burrow's arm strength is about the same as Fromm, I might give Jake a very slight advantage on strength. Burrow is not Fields running, but clearly is a better runner than Fromm.

I have not followed LSU closely, so I don't know their overall situation. I don't think Burrow by himself will turn LSU around, but to use a baseball term, "They are a Tougher Out" with him. He completion rate is 74% and yes, most of that was garbage time. With that said, he never threw an interception in three spring games or his varsity career. I don't like Ohio $tate, but it was kind of neat for him to lead a 98 yard TD drive against his Dad's Alma Matter. When given a chance at Ohio State, he performed very well. His biggest failure was losing the State Championship game his senior year, but he did throw six touchdowns that night.

Again, I want UGA to beat LSU. Most of the Ohio Alumni trashed him when he did not go to OU, but I admired him for taking a tougher road in the Big Ten and overall would like to see him do well.

Burrow's first Spring Game (Early enrollment) and No Black Jersey to protect him in the pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXIHhhZqGig

Skip to 1:45 to see his running ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EILasubfl4

State Championship, Very Strong run in second play breaking two tackles in backfield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp8rO5J9LtI

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To be fair about it Joe Burrow makes LSU much better their weakness for the last few years has been at QB. They have good receivers and if they come up with a running back they will be dangerous. I still think Georgia will win but it will be a much harder game with him playing.

• Options
    ZeebodawgZeebodawg Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

I believe he is an upgrade in their QB room. However I dont think he has All SEC potential or anything of that nature. They were headed towards a disaster with no viable options. He gives them a 9-3/10-2 type season at best. Solid but not spectacular!

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg He makes them better, but Georgia still wins it. Close, hard fight, DAWGS ON TOP!

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Zeebodawg said:
    I believe he is an upgrade in their QB room. However I dont think he has All SEC potential or anything of that nature. They were headed towards a disaster with no viable options. He gives them a 9-3/10-2 type season at best. Solid but not spectacular!

Playing a 9-3/10-2 type team on their home field is going to be hard. It is not called death valley for nothing.

• Options
    hall1138hall1138 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tough environment.. Even without JB it will be a close game. This is the only game I'm concerned about. In 2003 they beat us 17-10 and we had the better team. I just remember their fans throwing beer cups at our players as they were walking off the field at the end. Still makes me hate that fan base with a passion!!

I hope we crush them and send Coach O packing. Go DAWGS!!

• Options
    ZeebodawgZeebodawg Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

@oldon42 said:

@Zeebodawg said:

Playing a 9-3/10-2 type team on their home field is going to be hard. It is not called death valley for nothing.

Thats true. Difference is the direction we are headed we are playing to reach our potential ala Bama. Nobody worried who suits up on that other side. They all gone get blessed come gametime

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

‘"Before one of the games," Etling said, "he'll come down and drink a whole Red Bull, smashes it on his head, lifts off his shirt and he's punching himself in the jaw getting us ready, pumped up to play. That's Coach O for you.‘

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/05/jaw_punches_red_bull_chugs_and.html

I hope we don’t lose to LSU

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    UGA will clobber them

I think The fact that they have to bring in a graduate transfer to start is a bad think, like Lambert (DGD)

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember a big Perth of the reason given why Malik Zaire didn’t play much early in the season last year at Florida was because he got there so late, he really didn’t know the playbook inside out before the season started?

Would Burrow be getting to LSU any sinner than Zaire got to FU last year? It is after spring practice is over.

Burrow has 2years of eligibility left though, so LSU has more of a reason to,invest in him.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

"bleaux" is what LSU did last year...

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here is what helps play in our favor:

they play FU the week before which has become a BIG rivalry (h a t r e d game) after the hurricane disagreement and bickering at the highest level of their administrations.

We play Tennessee (at home) and Vanderbilt (at home) the weeks before and have a bye week afterwards.

ADVANTAGE UGA

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@moos said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

"bleaux" is what LSU did last year...

Agree with your schedule breakdown. I also don't think their rotating coaching staff is in a place to manifest on field stability yet. It won't be a pushover game. It's away, they have talent, etc. But I also don't view them as a contender this year.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow there are a lot of bad iPad auto-corrects in my post above... I need to learn to go back and re-read the thing over before I post...

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cookie Monster Orgeron will find a way to screw him up.