Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tray Bishop

JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Arrested for allegedly making a video of a young lady in his dorm room without knowledge or consent.

Comments

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like breaking news. Where did you get this information? Are you connected to the ACC police department, or did it come from another website? Im surprised Chip Towers or someone doesnt already have an article about this at the top of Dawgnation for everyone here to read.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:
    Sounds like breaking news. Where did you get this information? Are you connected to the ACC police department, or did it come from another website? Im surprised Chip Towers or someone doesnt already have an article about this at the top of Dawgnation for everyone here to read.

It was on DawgNation before this was posted.

• Options
    edited May 2018

@Teddy said:

@Bankwalker said:

See the sarcastic Chip Towers reference.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@Teddy said:

@Bankwalker said:

Chip is the epitome of negative news. He can’t wait to have negativity to spread about uga.

I hope i don’t “accidentally” get @tiger_62082 ‘d for saying that.... just saying...

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unfortunate. Kirby should investigate immediately and thoroughly and either back him fully if innocent or kick him off the team if guilty. And I don’t mean innocent due to a legal loophole or as part of a plea bargain. I mean they find out there is no tape. If there is a tape, dump him quickly. Think if it was your daughter, would you want him to continue to be a Dwag? I hope he is innocent but if not Auburn or FSU would be his likely next stop.

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:
    Unfortunate. Kirby should investigate immediately and thoroughly and either back him fully if innocent or kick him off the team if guilty. And I don’t mean innocent due to a legal loophole or as part of a plea bargain. I mean they find out there is no tape. If there is a tape, dump him quickly. Think if it was your daughter, would you want him to continue to be a Dwag? I hope he is innocent but if not Auburn or FSU would be his likely next stop.

He can't kick him off just for making the tape. And that probably won't be hard to determine. The real issue is determining if there was truly consent or not. They always say innocent until proven guilty, so unless they can find proof where she said "no" not sure how that would be handled.

• Options

@AgDawg said:

@AndersonDawg said:

He can't kick him off just for making the tape. And that probably won't be hard to determine. The real issue is determining if there was truly consent or not. They always say innocent until proven guilty, so unless they can find proof where she said "no" not sure how that would be handled.

Consent to recordings dont work on a "he said, she said" basis.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Is he the new Trigga Tray?

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg said:

@AndersonDawg said:

@AgDawg said:

@AndersonDawg said:

He can if the felony charge sticks

• Options
    AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FWIW the 247 staff is reporting that, according to information they've gathered on the situation, they think he will still be a member of the team when it's all said and done.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Teddy said:

@Bankwalker said:

Chip is the epitome of negative news. He can’t wait to have negativity to spread about uga.

I hope i don’t “accidentally” get @tiger_62082 ‘d for saying that.... just saying...

Isn't his job to report "news"? Surely this situation is news. Why wouldn't you expect him to report on it. I didn't see any sort of bias in his report - I might have missed it. It seemed, at least to me, like a pretty straightforward recitation of information/facts known at the time. Let me know what I am missing here.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:
    Arrested for allegedly making a video of a young lady in his dorm room without knowledge or consent.

It is one thing to make the recording.
    It is another thing to make a recording with consent.
    It is an entirely another thing to make a recording w/wo consent and it gets out.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@bmauldin said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Teddy said:

@Bankwalker said:

Isn't his job to report "news"? Surely this situation is news. Why wouldn't you expect him to report on it. I didn't see any sort of bias in his report - I might have missed it. It seemed, at least to me, like a pretty straightforward recitation of information/facts known at the time. Let me know what I am missing here.

If a Georgia player is arrested the information is going to get out. It is Chip's job to report on Georgia news. Who would you rather report on it?

• Options

@oldon42 said:

@donm said:

@bmauldin said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Teddy said:

@Bankwalker said:

If a Georgia player is arrested the information is going to get out. It is Chip's job to report on Georgia news. Who would you rather report on it?

No doubt, it just seems like he revels in it when it’s bad news... jmo

• Options
    mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If the kid is found guilty I hope he learns from his immature mistake.. You got to treat women with respect..

• Options

@bmauldin said:

@oldon42 said:

@donm said:

@bmauldin said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Teddy said:

@Bankwalker said:

Im curious how you perceive revelry in a simple and straightforward news report.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@bmauldin said:

@oldon42 said:

@donm said:

@bmauldin said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Teddy said:

@Bankwalker said:

Im curious how you perceive revelry in a simple and straightforward news report.

I had the same thought. Not sure what revelry looks like in the written word.

• Options

@donm said:

@Bankwalker said:

@bmauldin said:

@oldon42 said:

@donm said:

@bmauldin said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Teddy said:

@Bankwalker said:

I had the same thought. Not sure what revelry looks like in the written word.

In the manner I used it, it is synonymous with “celebrate/dance/enjoyment” not “drinking and drunkenness” if that’s your question.

I get that he is reporting the news; that’s his job, however, it’s like he LOVES to report the negativity.
    Even the positive stories have a Eeyore type feel to them.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Feel bad for the girl, especially if she didn’t know she was being recorded. If Bishop was to get kicked off team, it would leave us in bad shape for depth at safety, especially if Gibbs doesn’t make it back on team. We would only have the starters, Jarvis Wilson, and Brini left, plus which ever incoming freshmen are put at safety. Need to sign a couple of 2019 commits, as Wilson is graduating and Reed could well enter the draft.