Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Who should The Hawks take at #3 ?....

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@Teddy said:
    Hawks need to keep tanking to get 3 first picks in the draft, so they can rebuild like the 76ers. The top 2 spending teams are in the finals, surprise surprise. I don’t see the Hawks ever being a top spending team until they get new ownership. NBA is pointless to watch as most could've guessed the final 4 teams and finals participants.

Hawks have an owner now that has deep pockets... I just don’t think he has the sports iq or surrounding himself with people that know how to operate an organization.

The Hawks' new GM was with GS for a long time, is credited with many of the personnel decisions that put their current team together.
    I agree with the poster who thinks Ferry would have done a fantastic job if not for the lame ass PC decision to fire him over nothing.

• Options
    DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    Hawks need to keep tanking to get 3 first picks in the draft, so they can rebuild like the 76ers. The top 2 spending teams are in the finals, surprise surprise. I don’t see the Hawks ever being a top spending team until they get new ownership. NBA is pointless to watch as most could've guessed the final 4 teams and finals participants.

Just hire Sam Hinkie. He will tank your team and get you under the cap to the point that you have to sign a player to meet the league minimum team salary. And you will definitely get a bunch of draft picks over 3-4 years. Just be patient with his picks as he either will draft injured players who will miss a year or two or the healthy guy he does draft will get hurt early in year 1.

Do this for max 5 years. Adam Silver will force him out and then you can hire Colangelo whose son creates burner accounts and knocks your players on social media.

Great model to follow.

Ending on a positive note - Thankfully, your attendance won’t suffer though as most fans who do go to the games pull for the opposing team so there is some upside there.

• Options

@DamnYankeeDawg said:

@Teddy said:

Just hire Sam Hinkie. He will tank your team and get you under the cap to the point that you have to sign a player to meet the league minimum team salary. And you will definitely get a bunch of draft picks over 3-4 years. Just be patient with his picks as he either will draft injured players who will miss a year or two or the healthy guy he does draft will get hurt early in year 1.

Do this for max 5 years. Adam Silver will force him out and then you can hire Colangelo whose son creates burner accounts and knocks your players on social media.

Great model to follow.

Ending on a positive note - Thankfully, your attendance won’t suffer though as most fans who do go to the games pull for the opposing team so there is some upside there.

If we'd tanked well we'd have drafted Ayton. I'm not sure he really fits today's game as well as the 2 players who will still be available at 3 who I mentioned before though. Ayton will be a great center, but the last great true center to be important in winning a title was probably Shaq Pappy.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm trading Bagley if he's there. I think he might go 2nd, though. I do think trades find be in the picture. Not sure the Shroeder fits into the long range plans so he could be packaged with picks to move up.

• Options

@PTDawg said:
    I'm trading Bagley if he's there. I think he might go 2nd, though. I do think trades find be in the picture. Not sure the Shroeder fits into the long range plans so he could be packaged with picks to move up.

Move up, from 19th ?
    If Bagley was still available at 3, so would either Jackson or Doncic.
    I'm not trading out unless it's for overwhelming value.

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Kasey said:
    Or if they make the type of blunder like Marvin Williams over chris Paul and deron Williams it will set them back another five years

Don't forget Josh Childress

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kings are not interested in Donic. So is he isnt taken by his former coach at #1 he will slide a bit. I look at the draft and there are so many gaurds and wings that ATL has to take one of the bigs early. Don't leave out Mo Bomba as he fits in the Hawks ideas. Then with the latter two pills find a wing and gaurd and try to get rid of Dennis and either Bazemore or Dedmon and start year one of the rebuild.

• Options
    JTMoyniJTMoyni Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

https://hawksquawk.net/community/forum/19-atlanta-hawks-forums/

I think you're confused on this forum. The attached link should help.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@PTDawg said:

Move up, from 19th ?
    If Bagley was still available at 3, so would either Jackson or Doncic.
    I'm not trading out unless it's for overwhelming value.

Meant to say drafting Bagley at 3 and yes I would try to package Shroeder with the 19th pick and try to move up. Maybe one of the 2nd round picks as well if necessary.

• Options

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Kings are not interested in Donic. So is he isnt taken by his former coach at #1 he will slide a bit. I look at the draft and there are so many gaurds and wings that ATL has to take one of the bigs early. Don't leave out Mo Bomba as he fits in the Hawks ideas. Then with the latter two pills find a wing and gaurd and try to get rid of Dennis and either Bazemore or Dedmon and start year one of the rebuild.

Bamba offers nothing Jackson wouldn't bring and Jackson has better offensive upside.
    Bamba will probably block more shots than JJ, but he is mostly a low post defender while Jackson can defend a huge area inside the 3 pt line.

• Options

@Thelordjohnson said:

I read Suckramento is interested in Doncic, but that report came out just after the lottery a couple of weeks ago.

New question, what interest if any does Atlanta have in him ?
    My thinking is it's either Jackson or Bagley, but I wouldn't bet the farm on either.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve really liked led Bagley all along and we need somebody who can go for 20 a night.

I believe Jackson will work also. If those 2 are gone and we ship off German Chocolate, I say we trade down and take Sexton and figure it out from there.

• Options

@JTMoyni said:
    https://hawksquawk.net/community/forum/19-atlanta-hawks-forums/

I think you're confused on this forum. The attached link should help.

Man, I haven’t been to that site in years. I was “Givemthebird”

• Options

@Bigcalidawg said:
    I’ve really liked led Bagley all along and we need somebody who can go for 20 a night.

I believe Jackson will work also. If those 2 are gone and we ship off German Chocolate, I say we trade down and take Sexton and figure it out from there.

Ok, I caught myself. If Bagley and Jackson are gone when we pick at 3 we’re taking Ayton.

Im posting at Red Lobster, smh

• Options

@Bigcalidawg said:

Sexton has tools, but he's not special in my opinion.
    Trae Young on the other hand has flaws, but he is a special shooter and a very good passer.
    If I'm trading picks and players to take a PG in this draft, it's either Young or Doncic.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg supposedly Grizzles woulda be the next team interested in Donic.
    Mo is longer than Jackson while yes Jackson had the better offensive upside but he disappeared in competive games. 8 points in the tournament. Plus Bamba has the personality of a Embiid and would help give a fave even if he never is a superstar he'd be a Deandre Jordan like role-player.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will be interested to see where Trae Young goes. His play really dropped off the 2nd half of the year. I wouldn't be too quick to drop Schroeder. Perhaps the new coaching staff will be able to get his head aligned more effectively.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@donm said:
    I will be interested to see where Trae Young goes. His play really dropped off the 2nd half of the year. I wouldn't be too quick to drop Schroeder. Perhaps the new coaching staff will be able to get his head aligned more effectively.

He’s a guaranteed lock to th knicks at 9

• Options

@Thelordjohnson said:
    @WCDawg supposedly Grizzles woulda be the next team interested in Donic.
    Mo is longer than Jackson while yes Jackson had the better offensive upside but he disappeared in competive games. 8 points in the tournament. Plus Bamba has the personality of a Embiid and would help give a fave even if he never is a superstar he'd be a Deandre Jordan like role-player.

The fact Jackson tailed off late in the season is a concern, but he's the youngest player in this draft. He was sort of a hs senior last season.
    Bamba is longer, he'll be among the longest to ever play in The NBA, still.
    If you watch just his defense on videos Jackson is already a marvel, he will be a superb half court defender.

• Options

@Kasey said:

@donm said:

He’s a guaranteed lock to th knicks at 9

Maybe if he's still on the board at 9, but that is far from certain.