Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia Baseball is in trouble

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs start out 2-0 in regionals. Lost to Duke in game 1, and now down 5-2 in game 2. A loss and it’s over. It would **** to see the 8th ranked team lose back-to-back to unranked Duke especially with homefield advantage AND potential homefield advantage in super regionals.

Comments

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, would stink. UGA just got a solo shot. Down 5-3 now.

• Options

@Teddy said:
    Yeah, would stink. UGA just got a solo shot. Down 5-3 now.

stranded a runner on third. gotta do better than that.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Duke has a couple stud players, shut’em down and get guys on base. Plenty of time left.

• Options

@orlando said:
    Duke has a couple stud players, shut’em down and get guys on base. Plenty of time left.

looks like we’ve settled down defensively, now there is just zero offense at all

• Options
    Atlanta_DawgAtlanta_Dawg Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

over the regular season duke was always a good defensive team but lackluster when it came to putting the ball out of the park. weird because they had a good amount of homers today

• Options

They’ve hit two of the longest homers I’ve seen all year in this series.

• Options

well georgia is running out of time now and the offense looks horrible

• Options

gave up another homer... georgia is done

• Options

if there is any sliver of a chance for Georgia to lose, they will find a way.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, this was a depressing day to watch Dawgs baseball. Dead bats both games today, and not the greatest of pitching. And Stricklin just watching it go down without switching it up, sitting lifeless in the dugout.

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love my Dawgs but ****. Softball lost. Baseball lost. Hope this fall will erase all these let downs.

• Options

Good seasons for both teams. Do you guys think that Stricklin keeps his job ?

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to think that is enough to buy Stricklin another season or two. Disappointing ending but a great season overall.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

Great year. Sad to see it all come to an end. Next year baby!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Imo Strickland def saved his kob

• Options
    dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The baseball team are they generally young ? They will have a nice 6'6 hiter with Goede. How good is his baseball game? Better baseball or football prospect.

• Options

@christopherules said:
    Great year. Sad to see it all come to an end. Next year baby!!! GO DAWGS!!!

i like your enthusiasm but i hate the “next year” mentality

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is why I just couldn't get too high on Stricklin based on one regular season.
    He bought some time, that may be good and it may not be.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    This is why I just couldn't get too high on Stricklin based on one regular season.
    He bought some time, that may be good and it may not be.

Exactly. Anything less than a trip to Omaha next year is a failure. CAN SS keep up with that pace now? Too much talent leaving Ga each year to play against us for the next few years. N I mean superstars! I DO hope we keep Kinney as our pitching coach no matter what. We went from a program getting to Omaha basically every other year and playing in the natty (and undeniably should have won), to a program HOPING for an appearance in a super regional in exactly 1 decade.. It's not and hasn't been a significant issue. And THAT is **** sad.. I can guarantee you after getting spanked like they did throughout '18 and especially the regional against Oregon State, LSU's program won't fall off a cliff. They''ll be regular LSU again next year.