Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

5 star SF Christian Brown Visits UGA

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

big time recruit. he’s in stegeman coliseum now per his instagram story. he also has 3 CBs to UGA on 247. Can’t wait to see what Crean can do with this program.

Comments

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cream will get a lot of talent on roster and to the NBA, make the postseason tourney and get eliminated anywhere from elite 8 to sweet 16, and habe a down year every 5 years. To me that's great. A lot of fans will try to hard to compare him with Coach K, Izzo, or Coach cal.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin that is the type of hope and appreciation I wanna hear from UGA fans!!!

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

Saw on twitter

Two big time visitors at #UGA this week. 5-star 2020 guard (No. 11 overall) Anthony Edwards stopped by on Monday and 5-star 2019 SF Christian Brown (No. 27) spent time on campus on Tuesday.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! Georgia? Kicking *** at basketball??? How cool is THAT going to be???

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:

It seems that BB recruiting is so different from FB. Guy stops by for a couple of hours on an UV and then is gone. It's great he can get that kind of talent on campus but am wondering how much all of that means for elite BB players. So many of them don't plan on staying very long so maybe what the school is like doesn't matter much?

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@christopherules said:

It seems that BB recruiting is so different from FB. Guy stops by for a couple of hours on an UV and then is gone. It's great he can get that kind of talent on campus but am wondering how much all of that means for elite BB players. So many of them don't plan on staying very long so maybe what the school is like doesn't matter much?

it definitely matters. however, summer is a huge time for the recruits because of aau circuits going on which gives them little time to go on visits.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm you are completely correct sir. However that is what NCAA basketball has become at most all programs everywhere across the country now for years. I know nothing personally. I’m merely a fan. However, from demonstrated results he has proven at the previous stops during his career? It appears (to me) that coach Tom Crean is going to elevate the Georgia basketball program to a place that it’s never been before, in spite of the lightning quick jump that a lot of players make. Georgia looks to become better than ever. As in? EVER.