Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why would Lebron go to The Lakers ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mantis_toboggan69 said:
    I think it’ll be Houston or San Antonio. They’ve both got nice weather, great coaches, other stars, capable role players, and good defenses.

I can’t picture him going to philly. I don’t think their window opens up for another 2-3 years. They’d obviously win the East w Lebron, but idt they’d seriously challenge GS.

Boston is the dark horse. It would be absolutely WILD If Danny Ainge did a sign and trade for Lebron given the Kyrie Irving situation. They’d likely have to send Kyrie or Hayward (which I can’t see them doing) back to Cleveland, but a Lebron-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford starting 5 with Smart, Rozier, Morris, & Baynes on the bench is a playoff rotation that beats GS.

We'll learn soon enough where he is headed next. Would a core of Lebron, Aldridge and Leonard be enough to challenge GS ? If Leonard doesn't return I'm sure they'd need at least 1 more elite player to challenge.

• Options

@mantis_toboggan69 said:
    I think it’ll be Houston or San Antonio. They’ve both got nice weather, great coaches, other stars, capable role players, and good defenses.

I can’t picture him going to philly. I don’t think their window opens up for another 2-3 years. They’d obviously win the East w Lebron, but idt they’d seriously challenge GS.

Boston is the dark horse. It would be absolutely WILD If Danny Ainge did a sign and trade for Lebron given the Kyrie Irving situation. They’d likely have to send Kyrie or Hayward (which I can’t see them doing) back to Cleveland, but a Lebron-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford starting 5 with Smart, Rozier, Morris, & Baynes on the bench is a playoff rotation that beats GS.

Houston would have to lose several of their key role players to have a real shot at signing Lebron, their pay role is very unfavorable.

• Options
    Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

why would he go to the western conference where he would have to play the warriors prior to the finals?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

Houston would have to lose several of their key role players to have a real shot at signing Lebron, their pay role is very unfavorable.

They have some moves they can make. I never underestimate Daryl Morey when it comes to these kinds of large moves. If he can, he will find a way

• Options
    mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2018

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

they’d have to S&T but Ryan Anderson contract would take up a big portion of that and then they’d be able to over the cap with Capela’s upcoming contract. So, they’d likely be able have CP3, Harden, James, Capela, Ariza, and Gordon. That’s a great starting 5 + 6th man and they’d just have to figure out 2-3 bench spots

• Options

@Dawg19 said:
    why would he go to the western conference where he would have to play the warriors prior to the finals?

he’s gonna play eventually no matter where he goes and given his age & workload, facing them earlier in the playoffs might marginally benefit him.

Plus, the big knock on him is the whole 6 finals losses thing (which is incredibly dumb) and playing them earlier in the playoffs will keep that loss total from getting any larger

• Options

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

We'll learn soon enough where he is headed next. Would a core of Lebron, Aldridge and > @mantis_toboggan69 said:

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

they’d have to S&T but Ryan Anderson contract would take up a big portion of that and then they’d be able to over the cap with Capela’s upcoming contract. So, they’d likely be able have CP3, Harden, James, Capela, Ariza, and Gordon. That’s a great starting 5 + 6th man and they’d just have to figure out 2-3 bench spots

They'd be over the cap with just Lebron, Harden, CP3 and Capela, assuming all get near market value.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

We'll learn soon enough where he is headed next. Would a core of Lebron, Aldridge and > @mantis_toboggan69 said:

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

They'd be over the cap with just Lebron, Harden, CP3 and Capela, assuming all get near market value.

Every team has to carry 12 active and 1 inactive player. While the minimum salary is 550K, they'd have to pay far more than that per man other than the massive salaries of their core players.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

They were $20 million over the cap this year. Lebron would be acquired through a sign and trade so they just need to send an equal amount of money out and they’ve got Capela’s bird rights so they can go over the cap to sign him. Everyone else is already under contract

• Options

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

They were $20 million over the cap this year. Lebron would be acquired through a sign and trade so they just need to send an equal amount of money out and they’ve got Capela’s bird rights so they can go over the cap to sign him. Everyone else is already under contract

Lebron is an unrestricted free agent, I don't think a sign and trade is an option.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

Keeping their best players and adding Lebron would likely put Houston 60 million or there about over the cap. So 60 million plus the luxury tax, that seems unlikely to happen.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

@WCDawg said:

@mantis_toboggan69 said:

Keeping their best players and adding Lebron would likely put Houston 60 million or there about over the cap. So 60 million plus the luxury tax, that seems unlikely to happen.

Assuming that they have already made the decision to re-sign Capela, adding Lebron would have little effect on their cap situation as his contract would essentially be replacing Ryan Anderson’s, PJ Tucker’s, and 1 or 2 guys on vet min. They’re going to be $50+ million over even if they do not sign Lebron.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t think he goes to Lakers, Spurs maybe

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Think Lebron has a player option year left on contract. He’s in same situation Chris Paul was in last year. Could agree to take option, for $26 million I think, and Cavs could make the trade to whatever team he chooses. Lebron could sign max contract with new team and make more than he would signing as free agent.