Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Rian Davis

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Davis apparently now has Texas tied with UGA for his top spot, per a report from the Junk Yard 247. He's coming off a visit to Austin and I believe also tweeted out pics from the trip. Definitely makes me nervous.

Comments

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg said:
    Davis apparently now has Texas tied with UGA for his top spot, per a report from the Junk Yard 247. He's coming off a visit to Austin and I believe also tweeted out pics from the trip. Definitely makes me nervous.

Add Jermaine Johnson into that as well. They both were there. Hopefully it’s visit high and we get them back on campus soon.

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@AgDawg said:

Add Jermaine Johnson into that as well. They both were there. Hopefully it’s visit high and we get them back on campus soon.

Maybe it was JJ that sent out the tweet. I still like our chances with both, however. Especially with a sub par showing from Texas in the Big XII. Boomer Sooner I guess?

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

there’s one thing that those schools can’t offer and that is sec football. the difference in big 12 and sec is that defense actually matters in the sec

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg said:

Me 2. It is just a fact of life that Austin, Texas is just about (as in runner-up of course) to Athens, Georgia as ONE OF THE GREAT college towns in all of America. Having said that? For me? It is always GO DAWGS!!! PS - I really hope that CKS, Mel Tucker and Co. actually GET this one!!!

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell Great Stuff

The nation’s No. 5 outside linebacker prospect on the 247Sports composite rankings for 2019 continues to have Georgia out in front. His reasoning seems clear:

The relationship with ILB coach Glenn Schumann.

The fact he’s been to UGA three times, more than any other school.

He likes what UGA has planned for him initially at ILB and then moving to OLB on passing downs.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg said:

After reading Jeff’s article, I see Bama as our biggest threat with Davis and Dean. Davis said Saban was pushing the idea they were thin at ILB depth and that the path to playing time would be shorter there.

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

didn’t know if y’all saw but apparently Davis Dean and Fuller are going to be on the same team for one of the camps coming up

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:
    didn’t know if y’all saw but apparently Davis Dean and Fuller are going to be on the same team for one of the camps coming up

Yes, I did pick up on that...

• Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell will you be able to make it up there for The Opening again this summer?

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:
    @JeffSentell will you be able to make it up there for The Opening again this summer?

Yep he’ll be there

• Options
    dawgOf2002dawgOf2002 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭ Junior

Davis is all Dawg.

• Options

12/12 on CBs. Trending well

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    12/12 on CBs. Trending well

Yep, 2 more CBs since yesterday! One from a Noles guy and the other from a Texas Tech (I'm assuming) insider. Maybe this means a commitment is coming sooner rather than later.

Also loving that Bama is pushing so hard for this guy

• Options

Davis said per @JeffSentell ‘s article, Sept commitment, right before the season.

• Options
    jpurcell50jpurcell50 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

“The Opening “ is actually over there this year, as in Texas.