Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    dawg723dawg723 Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Am I the only one who thinks the “Evans experiment” isn’t going to end well?

I hope I’m wrong...

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably not the only one but I'd say part of a small minority. Just curious. Why is it an experiment?

• Options
    dawg723dawg723 Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mostly because his entire recruitment has been fairly dramatic...kind of strange really. Just when we thought all the antics were over, phone gate popped up.

Personally, I was hoping to see more growth in Pickens this season but unfortunately he proved critics right in the last game of the regular season immediately after coming back from a suspension got himself suspended again. (I’m not big on a lot of the excuses offered for his behavior...Not a big fan of the excuses for Evans either in his multiple scenarios)

I’m not sure it inspires much confidence that the staff can make Evans toe the line. Thus, the Evans Experiment is about to begin...will have to wait and see.

• Options
    SWARLES_BARKLEYSWARLES_BARKLEY Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah. We aren’t in a position of desperation here. Only downside is he may occupy a scholarship spot someone else could have had, in the event things don’t work out. What won’t happen is CKS keeping a me-first individual on the team because we need a 4th 5-star RB.

• Options
    mackdewlilmackdewlil Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good thing he’s coming to Georgia where no one is gonna take ur phone. Ur gonna be gifted in every way possible to succeed. I think it was plumlees family that had the delayed flight and a Georgia assistant found them a hotel and got their new flight worked out. And if the kid really is any hassle then Zamir Milton cook McIntosh can step up. Either the kid will rise to the challenge or he won’t and that’s how Kirby likes it.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand and appreciate your point. Do you think the coaching staff talks to players about not posting slang talk, and how it makes them look uneducated when they do? I don’t know this for a fact, but I’m pretty sure we don’t have guys on the team currently posting stuff that makes them look like they read on a 4th grade level. If we do have players currently on the roster posting stuff like this, then people should shame them to stop, - if that’s what it takes to get them to stop. It is a bad look for the school and the program. As a graduate of The University of Georgia, I place a higher priority on the academic reputation of the school over success on the gridiron.

• Options
    gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it was Tommy Bush and his family who were delayed at the airport. As has been stated here many times, no other program will out work Kirby and staff when it comes to recruiting. They will go the extra mile for every single recruit. That goes for once they are in house too. I have no doubts that Evans will have every chance to succeed here. Part of that will be up to him though.

This discussion has been closed.