Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    joe_n_stefjoe_n_stef Posts: 112 ✭✭✭ Junior

Its probably young to take at least another day or 2 before Evans' talk dissipates

• Options
    WintonkWintonk Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

It just blows my mind that so many grown adults spend this much time and effort worrying about a 17 year old boy's decisions. I have two 13 year old boys and it is hard enough to get them to care about doing the dishes correctly and I am reading where adults are upset and fretting their lives over a child that isn't theirs. It is beyond disturbing.

• Options
    Chitown_DawgChitown_Dawg Posts: 448 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks tex. I definitely am not blaming the coaches. Can’t imagine a world where I would hit a coach. I also imagine that it’s been a series of issues over the years. Must be pretty hardcore to keep a kid that talented out of UGA. I’ve never been sanctimonious about the ethics in Athens so it must be significant.

• Options
    LakeDawgLakeDawg Posts: 52 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    DawgTime92DawgTime92 Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looking forward to moving on from Evans or atleast all the talk on this board about it. When is the next weekend UGA has recruits coming in for a visit now that the early process is done. Need to close strong and we have the Kang of closers.

• Options
    jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

We could honestly take any RB they’re gonna get theirs behind a OL like we have hell I’ll take miles Friday the lowest rated RB that I see we offered. I’ll even take Jordan Simmons if he can be anything better than his brother

• Options
    jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is there still room on the Gibbs train tho. I like his play. He’s fast and shifty

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Being behind a good line isn't enough. Getting to the second and third level marks the superiority of a RB. Example this year UGA didn't get there much outside of Swift.

As for your Gibbs suggestion he is a downgrade of Tank who was a downgrade of Milton. One Cut then off to the races backs. UGA wants a HR hitter but there dont seem to be any.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the recruiting thread.

As you can see by the 1.6million views, it is quite popular.

Your comment is kinda our M.O....

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking on the bright side this fine morning. We will never have to play against Evans at TAMU as they are not going to win the West and are not on the schedule for another 6 years. Wishing him well and waiting to see who we get to add to the rest of the class.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Before, I was disappointed by this, Now, I'm just exhausted by it. I sincerely wish him the best but I'm done with it.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another wrinkle. Several of you say that Evans is a 17 year old blah, blah, blah. As a 17 yr old, he cannot sign for himself. Who is the guardian? Anything to that?

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure why you do trust Kirby here. Leaving the particulars of the Zach Evans situation aside, there seems to be a massive gulf between the widely perceived offensive philosophy he holds and wants implemented (pro style, run heavy) and the way he and his staff have recruited the position especially over the past two cycles. Our team is more heavily dependent on the run game than any other "elite" teams and have a style that seems to require 2 bell cow (or near bell cow) backs to operate best. For all the talk about Fromm's "regression" and inexperienced WRs/poor play, the biggest issue (and most underreported problem) with the offense seems to be the failure to replace Holyfield's production yet as it stands now, over the past two signing days, you have only brought in one elite type (Milton) and a depth piece (McIntosh). With White's first knee injury (but especially after the second one), recruiting the position should have been more of priority yet in two cycles where you would have been expected to bring in 3 elite backs, you got one. I don't understand how after seeing our offensive performance in '19, the view that Evans (or any other elite back in the class) was a luxury and not a necessity to be paired with Milton. Zeus had a very good night against Baylor but it is still a question if he (or a freshmen Milton) are at a level to replicate Swift/Holyfield (Chubb/Michel/Swift would be a pipe dream). This will sound heretical to some and probably get me banned but in the short term (and definitely in the long term) the loss of Evans is a much bigger deal than the return of Jake Fromm. With Evans, Milton, and White in the RB room, achieving that '18 production was likely a given, with just Milton and Evans (my faith in this staff's ability to use Cook is minimal) a repeat of '19 is more likely (and we see how our offense functioned). And before you say "Look at our WR recruitiing), I think our WR play will improve but not enough to make up the difference with the questions in the RB room...Pickens can be a better version of Cager but with Blaylock coming off an injury, no rapport between Fromm and DRob/Jackson, you are basically to slip Burton and Rosemy into the Pickens and Blaylock role of this year and hoping Burton/Rosemy can surpass Pickens/Blaylock production. (I am leaving off Smith and Robinson because they are rawer prospects and there have been more questions about their ability to be year one contributors). That is a very long way of saying Kirby's recruiting priorities don't seemed well aligned with his offensive philosophy unless he is going to making significant changes which seems unlikely with the reported return of Fromm.

This discussion has been closed.