Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020
  • Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was us. Major issue that no one fully knows about. He signed....we said no.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe his coaches did have it out for him, but you can’t get physical. You can’t. Not once, but twice. And a physical specimen like Evans is held to a different standard.

I hate it for the kid, I really do. But if anyone thinks the list of people who have it out for him “just because” is going to get shorter by moving to Athens, they’re sadly mistaken.

• NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no information just my opinion. @dradcliff the coach seems like the type that requires all to bow down to him. I watched there championship game and listened to him address the media afterwards. He required his players to give up cell phones prior to the championship game...kids have phones in school all the time.

for a kid to get into altercation with an adult that adult must have done something to provoke him. I get that there are two types of coaches out there, ones that push you to your limit and then back off and ones who get your face see Jeremy Pruitt. He’s a hot head, and kids don’t want to play there. This coach is suppose to be father figure to those kids and yes punishment does happen but to bench a kid going into a championship game is just dumb.

No I completely agree with that sentiment. if an adult is in altercation with a chid (legal identification) then there would be legal charges brought up correct?

• mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2020

I mean, it’s 2020. Those 2 kids have had phones for years now. They follow the same type of things on social media, listen to similar music, etc.

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agreed. Weren’t Nick and Sony from totally different places and had completely different personalities but were best friends and roommates.

• PhineasGagePhineasGage Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Enrollment is not what determines the initial counter. If he signed the NLI or financial aid agreement, that initial counter is gone.

13.9.3.3 Limitation on Number of National Letter of Intent/Offer of Financial Aid Signings -- Bowl Subdivision Football. [FBS] In bowl subdivision football, there shall be an annual limit of 25 on the number of prospective student-athletes who may sign a National Letter of Intent or an institutional offer of financial aid and student athletes who may sign a financial aid agreement for the first time.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I'm sure y'all are right. Milton and Evans seemed more social types to me whereas Tank doesn't seem to do a lot of interviews that I've seen. And I got the feeling Evans was in the group chat they had going.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. I've defended him here many times (check my posts) and will continue to hope the best for him but 1)Kirby is in charge and it is evident, by the length of time this went on, that he tried to make it work. But 2) He (Zach) has to learn to just walk away from people who are baiting him (If, indeed that's what happened here). I'm done with it other than hoping he understands that there's a lesson to be learned here and learns it. At some point, regardless of adversity, you have to accept responsibility for your actions and learn from your mistakes. I truly hope he does. I'll continue to hope for the best for him.

• dradcliffdradcliff Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The coach probably did do something. I doubt that it warranted a physical response from Evans. You see on the news kids attack people for almost no reason. At my school students have been known to push teachers for no reason other than they have anger management issues.

As far as the championship game. I am proud to see a coach that will stand by principles. Kind of like the ones Kirby has not taking Evans regardless of how good he is. Our kicking players off the team that don't live up to UGA standards. Do you think it would make a difference to Kirby if we were about to play in the Championship game and someone violated a team rule.

This discussion has been closed.