Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another name to get to know...Mason Garcia-Pro Style QB 6’5, 210 (latest height and weight) will be in town this weekend. I never heard of him until Tuesday, buzz is picking up. Couldn’t find his junior stats but here is his tape. 2 sport athlete in football and basketball. Appears to throw accurate ball, good athleticism, throws well on run. ***We should note, QB picture won’t be clear until all these kids throw for staff***. No clear front runners at this time.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9612162/5c0c4b048cd48d11f0bb8c28

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Yeah he can definitely sling it. Always weary when a highlight film on any player is 1-2 mins long. Just a indicator to this years QB crop, some solid players with elite upside, but probably only 2 guys I would consider elite today, we won’t grab either. A 4 star QB can easily look like a 6 star in our system though. @JeffSentell chime in here...how do you stack these guys up?

Criswell, Ashford, Dixon, Garcia?

• Options

I’d like to add M Hornsby / T Gleason / E Garbers to the list along with Criswell, Ashford, Dixon and Garcia. @JeffSentell would love to see your current QB board here too

• Options
    Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Carson beck received an offer. 4 star Pro style qb out of mandarin , Jacksonville FL . UF top target

• Options

Saw that, and thought it was more of a friendly offer to keep our name in that school. I don’t see the staff putting to much time into his recruitment as it looks like UFs to lose and Miami (due to Enos) being the “backup option”

• Options
    Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Led his team to a first ever state title last year . pretty good film . Doubt we have a chance offering this late but we will see!

• Options
    IwantNakobeIwantNakobe Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is there any chance with Justin Flowe? Heard he was visiting this weekend

• Options

There’s always a chance with our staff but this isn’t realistic, no. CU is only SE school that is in it “today”. Hopefully USC (the real one) keeps him on west coast. Dabo is in a very strong spot with 5 of top 10 overall players today.

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

USC UNDER CLAY HELTON ONLY SIGNS 3 STARS. ITS 5 STARS TRANSFER OUT OR PLAY LIKE 1 STAR TALENTS

• Options

Dang bro, you ain’t gotta yell at me lol. You’re probably right, I don’t follow them, but I’m a Helton fan in this situation.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Tight end Mark Redmanof Newport Beach, California's Corona Del Mar High School, a four-star prospect in his own right, also received the call from Athens."I received a text from Coach [Todd] Hartley earlier in the morning. Later in the day, I hopped on the phone with him," Redman said. "It was a great call and couldn’t have been any better."

For now, the 6-foot-6, 245-pound athlete is keeping his options open.

"I don’t believe California is keeping me here," Redman said. "I believe I can go as far as possible or close by. School wise, I believe it’s pretty equal right now," Redman said. "I don’t think I’m leaning in any way, and I'm just trying to balance it out for now."

Redman is undecided on whether he'll be making a trip to see what they have to offer.

"I feel that Georgia has prioritized me very well up to this point, but currently, I have no plans to visit Athens," he said.

The rising senior is already quite familiar with one aspect Georgia offers, though—conference prestige.

"The SEC is big-time football," he said.

Georgia's national brand is strong, as evidenced by recent comments from participants of Rivals Camps at Los Angeles and Houston, and the staff in Athens is making good use of that by casting a wide net.

Four-star California tight end Jaden Navarrette is one of the latest examples."Things got started with Georgia when a couple of coaches followed me, and then, Coach Todd [Hartley] asked me to give them a call," Navarrette said. "That's when they offered me."

While the nation's No. 170 overall player hasn't had a chance to visit Athens before, he plans to change that.

"I am actually going to go see Georgia soon," Navarrette said. "They'd love to play me at tight end. They said that’s where I can fit best, and Coach Todd said at that position he can turn me into a first round pick and develop me."

Navarrette has also taken notice of the NFL ranks being stocked with SEC talent.

"I know it’s a championship mindset there," Navarrette said. "They are in the SEC. I believe the Pac-12 is kind of going downhill, and the SEC is rising a lot right now. The SEC gets you developed and ready for the next level."

Still, the upcoming visit will need to impress, as Navarrette is looking for more than just national profile.

"At the next level, I’m just looking for the best fit," he said. "I would like to go to a college where I can be comfortable. I don’t go on big names or anything. Right now, it’s pretty much all equal."

• Options
    HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anybody know who all is visiting this weekend? I know M Sherman is and I heard a few others but was just looking for a list of someone had it

• Options
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.