Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean REALLY lol??? This is not just joking around imo; and when a kis uses the words )family, life after fb, 1 of the top public schools in the US, This kid is DWELLING on pulling the trigger!! IDC about his timeline, or what's been said in interviews. But when a HAWSE from Utah who's freakishly fast, and can probably swallow the weightroom shows this much love and appreciation for the DAWGS, I could very well be wrong; but I see him committing VERY soon!! The US knows we're GOING to play for NC's annually, and a few others did too; but this kid seems like he'll take in all he can from DEAN, tINDLE, WALKER, RICE, DAVIS, AND TREZ.. I 'm not thinking the kid cares about not being known across the country if she didn't find it easier. IMO, IF we could snag Burch, Evan/Milton, Gilbert, Rosemy, Henning, Williams, Ringo, Sewell, Washington or Theo, RAYM/ VP ( or BOTH), hopefully flip Gervin, or make Smith top of the board and make sure he see's it!! That's a DIRRRRTY class rit dur my DAWGS!!! And seamingly realistic! Several won't agree, but I'd Have to take Raym over VP. Raym has a nasty streak, run mauler, good feet, and interchangeable on the oline. He loves PITTBOSS, will be an animal in the weight room, another blue chip stolen from big time TExAS HS FB's back yard etc. If we can't take 6, give it to whoever wants to go public asap.. This staff is relentless!

• Options
    walthamstowdawgwalthamstowdawg Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior
    So judging from the vibe overnight.. we’re in a good place with Milton? 
  • Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My point wasn't actual distance, more ease of access and that Atlanta>Birmingham and Athens>basically any college town. I'm sure there are more direct flights to Birmingham these days but I'm also sure you're gonna have to go through Atlanta or Nashville for a lot of them.

If you're a young rich football player are you more likely to spend time in or even settle in Atlanta/Athens, Birmingham/Tuscaloosa, Columbus, Norman, Greenville/Clemson..or any number of places? Given how many players are coming from the south and Georgia's almost central location I think Atlanta/Athens does well if a poll was taken. Anyway, sorry y'all. I'll stick to the subject at hand now.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think that Birmingham has as many direct flights to/from the major cities as Atlanta does. The journey from anywhere to Athens is going to be easier and have more options than to TTown

• Options
    FuzzyDawgFuzzyDawg Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good Morning and Happy Father's Day!

Working through my OFFENSE mock, wondering where UGA stands…

QB: Done!

O- Line: Feeling quite comfortable. I believe we take 5 and Raym/Van Pran is the final piece.

WR: I’m feeling Marcus Rosemy a silent/near commit. That leaves a speedster (if there is room for a third WR). AJ Henning has been mentioned. If he committed today I think we’d be done. But since he’s moderately contested, I’m sure Corey Wren would jump at the chance. Brings question number 1-4 for those in the know…

Question 1-4: Is the staff still pursuing the “Fun” commit Rakim Jarrett? And, does his skill set fill the speedster roll? Or, is he more like a shorter/faster version of Rosemy? Or, is he a take regardless due to ability?

My mock is back to 25 with the addition of “Zirk”. 25 may be a stretch, so, 

Question 5:  If offense must give up a spot due to numbers, would it be a 3rd WR, 5th O-Line, neither or possibly both?

RB and TE will be late summer/ESD decisions, more on those later... Thanks and Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    FuzzyDawgFuzzyDawg Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Working through my DEFENSE mock and again wondering where UGA stands…

K: Done, who would have known….

LB: With Mekhail Sherman committed,  I think we are close and I feel comfortable that UGA takes the first of Sewell/Flowe…

DB: Once Kelee Ringo commits (confidence high), who will be our third DB and back-up options? I list Tae Williams, Brian Branch (flip) and Xavion Alford. All listed as Safeties. Would we/are we considering a third CB along the lines of McGlothern or Green-Warren?

DE: Do we take two? If Burch and Walker want in, is there room? I hope so. I sense Zyke is in the holding pattern waiting for Burch to announce. And if there is room for two, would we make a better effort for Jay Hardy, to perhaps allow first/best 2 of 3?

More on D-Line later… Go Dawgs!!

• Options
  • Options
    AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Say Sewell and Flowe both want to be dawgs, would we make room for both? Also if Stackhouse decommits or if a commit doesn’t qualify, would that open up a spot for both? Small chance of that possibility, just wondering what you guys think 
  • Options
    AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I’d love to have either. Would really like both, though lol. We’re spoiled 
  • Options
    LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @SoFL_Dawg Just curious, but the Oline attrition you reference, are any of the names you’re hearing surprises?  
  • Options
    NCDawg4NCDawg4 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    @LOR I think I’ve seen Thomas, Wilson, Cleveland, and I can’t remember the 4th. None of those would be considered a surprise at this point 
  • Options
    edited June 2019

As we sit TODAY (2019 Roster) of the 85 IMO we need 1 additional OL, 2 add WR and 1 too many each at DL/OLB, ILB and DB.

These are position players only (doesn't include 2 scholly kickers). The "need" is with the loss of the players who will be out of eligibility. Any early draftees and/or transfers would need to be replaced to maintain roster balance. For that reason I think the need is for 1QB (Fromm), 2RB (Swift), 5OL (Wilson, Thomas and min 1 other) 4WR and 2TE. Defensively, I would go with 5 DL/OLB, 1 LB (transfer) and 3DB (Richie and 1 transfer). Obviously I may think different if I were privy to the same knowledge as Kirby and Co.

I actually have zero ILB and 4 DB in my mock as of June 1.

With the add of a kicker I think we will get 24 with one being a Blue Shirt; most likely either the Kicker or a local (Ga) positional player who has not yet been on an OV. So we may see only 23 LOI but 24 enroll by end August.

This discussion has been closed.