Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The problem will be the annual limit not the 85 IMO. We can only sign 23 in the 2020 class plus any blue shirts that we can get (maybe Grad Transfer)

• Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @gdawg4life maybe another lineman. Raym and Van Pran May now be an option
  • Options
    gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well if Holloman is gone, doesn’t that give us room to add one more?

• Options
    NC_DawgNC_Dawg Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior
    I don’t believe transfers out gives you any additional to the annual limit but gives you back one from the 85
  • Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    We could take 4 Wr and tell gilbert he can be one, then take two Te? What do u think about that?
  • Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    Maybe give Ty James a scholly later in the year?
  • Options

Not necessarily. You can only sign 25 annually and we used 2 of those for Blue Shirts for Wolfe and Cager leaving 23 for 2020 recruits. If we can get Zirkel (or other) to Blue Shirt (if he is eligible) that would be a 2021 recruit. Also if we get another transfer for 2019 from the portal that would actually REDUCE the 2020 class to 22.

• Options
    AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Alabama did well last year with freshman receivers. Not denying Fromm is completely capable this year. Pickens, Dom, DRob, Cager, simmons, it’s time for someone to step up. 
  • Options
    gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I keep forgetting about the two we already used.

Looks like we’ll have some freshmen get an opportunity to shine this year.

• Options
    Yeah it changes nothing for this season besides the 85 total. Although Ty James is a PWO WR that's really good. We could give him a scholly later in the year if Kirby thinks he deserves it.
  • Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Michael erdman is another walk on receiver that gets good reviews. Apparently he’s a burner. But i know I’m not alone in saying hopefully our scholarship guys will be able to step up and pick up the slack. 
  • Options

If we give him a scholarship before next August he would count as a 2020 recruit also again reducing the "new" recruits to 22. I say we leave the scholarship open or give it to someone who has been here 2+years (similar to Blankenship) as they don't count against the annual limit.

I have been saying that we are relying on unproven talent and we go all in on what we have. I do think we need to get 4 WR and 2 TE (or 3+3) in the 2020 class so will have to only take 5 OL. Other options include switching Webb back to WR as we have a lot more depth at DB.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I wonder if this pushes off Wren’s announcement tonight?  Sets a weird tone to celebrate that on the heels of this news.
  • Options
    @Denmen185 true we could and personally I think should go ahead and give it to him. For some reason I was thinking he was a 2020 PWO but he's not, he's a 2019 PWO.
    Not sure about his competition but his hudl film is really good.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

But would count against our 2020 class; my view is not give him one at least until he has been on campus 2 years when he doesn't count against any years class. The reason Rod didn't get his scholarship until the ND game 2 years ago is for that reason. We had a scholarship to give but had to wait until he had been enrolled for 2 years so that it didn't count against the 2018 class.

• Options
    edited June 2019

Unlikely but IMO we need up the ante on Jarrett/Burton to get an additional WR (or Gilbert as WR or add another TE to go 3+3)

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Local 2021 QB Brock Vandagriff choosing Oklahoma yesterday stings. I'm sure Kirby will keep after him though. The kid looks like maybe one of the best to come out of Georgia and he plays HS ball just minutes from Sanford.

• Options
    NCDawg4NCDawg4 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The QBs coming out of GA since 2017 have been very good. 2021 and 2022 are no different

This discussion has been closed.