Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

I could see Cox being in for early downs to set the edge, and Azeez (as well as Beal occasionally) coming in for passing situations. Then having a similar rotation on the other side with the best 2 playing out of Grant/AA/JJ/Nolan. I do think some, not saying you, are giving up on guys that have only been here only a year or so in favor of the shiny new 5 star.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg I'm unfamiliar with Florida football and how competitive the smaller classes are.

What level is Arian Smith playing? He's obviously the best player on the field. But is he playing elite talent? Doesn't appear he is.

If he is - get the kid in this class at all cost. And you know how highly (or not) I view WRs.

After you answer my question you can go back to selling medical equipment. /s

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He answered the class question a page or two back (i think its middle level 3-4A)

• Options

I saw it was 3A - but how competitive is 3A?

3A in Texas is a larger small school. Very few elite players.

6A is the highest classification in Texas.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey now I’m a med device rep, and I’m easily offended. It’s only 3A. Not 8A like Beck but the Smiths raw materials are there. Love the hustle, multiple positions, and of course speed. He’s slightly faster than Wren.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn't Brenton Cox have a lot of attitude type issues his Freshman year? Seems I remember Kirby having to separate D'Andre Walker from him when Walker was getting after Cox for a lack of effort in a game or something. Also remember there were some issues overall with some in the Freshman class (outside of Fields) somewhere around the time of the LSU/UF games.

Has Cox "grown up" yet? Half the battle, when you have talent like Cox - is getting the attitude and work ethic right.

• Options

Yeah, I'm not trying to brand Cox w/ the scarlett letter, the kid has talent, just saying we could see a jump in production for him just from standpoint of him making the adjustment from high school kid that maybe needed to grow up - to a more mature young man and college player - at least that's the way I hope it goes down.

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can’t get this quote off the screen but @SoFL_Dawg i said when he was coming out of highschool i liked azeezs tape more than any of the linebackers in that class. He actually set the edge in highschool and stood up offensive tackles in the run game which lots of high level recruits refuse to do.

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It would be awesome to get his brother too

How does BJ compare to Harris?

• Options

Jeff is Salyer gonna push Kindley or Cleveland out of a starting position this year? Remember when he signed many thought he would be an immediate impact player - obviously he was just a Freshman on a deep team - just curious your thoughts on Salyer this year.

• Options

Salyer isn't beating out Kindley who many consider the best guard in the SEC.

This discussion has been closed.