Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If what has been reported here is true, then it appears the HS won’t allow their students to sign a NLI until NSD. Burch won’t be facing these issues, but imagine how things could change with some of their lesser athletes, who could easily find themselves in a different situation a month and a half from now. If I were the parent then I would be telling the school it isn’t their decision when my son signs.

As for Burch, it isn’t over until he signs.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah that’s unpopular. Once he signs, she loses the leverage. She’ll just be noise on the outside once he’s in the program. We’ve had vocal parents here too, didn’t change a thing.

• Options
    jbdawg03jbdawg03 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭ Junior

Guess we’ll find out. I just know Rusty isn’t the type to come out and say we’re still in it if we’re not.

• Options
    gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can a high school prevent a kid from signing a LOI during the early signing period? That just doesn’t seem possible.

• Options
    Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NEED over STARS. This miss was tough because of NEED more than for rankings. Again, I wanna win if your keeping score in anything, but it's more about checking boxes than finishing 306 or 311...

• Options
    Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most importantly, it's about 18 yr olds making the right college decision for them. For MOST, that's bigger than a football decision...

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i also read that the friend he had gone to support had committed to Oregon, so another possible reason for the shirt.

In any case, I agree that this bodes well: doubt he’d go to all the trouble to tell the world that he’s signed but wasn’t revealing where until the AA game and then immediately start wearing the gear of the team he committed to that same day.

This discussion has been closed.