Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

@ LSU

Comments

• Options
    MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Despite how difficult it is as an away game I do like the matchup.
    I think our D will be up to the task of stopping their O and our O will be up to the task of shredding their D to pieces.

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mqg96 said:
    LSU is losing many starters from the 2017 team including their starting QB who was mediocre, and they only went 9-4. Good luck losing to Alabama again, playing a revenge minded Florida team in Gainesville with Dan Mullen, and losing to Auburn on the plains again with a lot of younger talent. Ed Oregeron is not that good. Georgia will have a tough time in Death Valley but I believe we escape just like the 1978, 1998, and 2008 Georgia teams escaped Death Valley too.

Auburn doesn't scare me either. When was the last time Auburn had back to back 10 win seasons? When was the last time Auburn won in Athens? When was the last time Auburn scored more than 7 in the STATE of Georgia? Hmmmmm.....

South Carolina in Columbia scares me because Williams Brice Stadium on a Saturday afternoon or primetime is always brutal for Georgia. Georgia hasn't won in Columbia on a Saturday since 2008.

Florida in Jacksonville scares me the most because of the history of that unpredictable rivalry. After blowing Florida out in 1982, we barely escaped by 1 point in 1983 which was an **** low scoring game. After upsetting Florida in 1997 and 2007 we were blown out in 1998 and 2008. Florida has the best talent year in and year out in the East comparable to Georgia. Do you people realize the previous 2 Florida teams we beat (2013, 2017) were 4-8 and 4-7? 2012 was the last GOOD Florida team we beat. If Dan Mullen turns around Florida like Gus Malzahn turned around Auburn in 2013, Georgia will have a tough time in Jacksonville this year, and since 2011 the loser in the cocktail party does NOT win the east.

I'm not that worried about Tech, but even I'm more nervous about them than LSU because they are always more motivated to beat us in Athens instead of Atlanta. The road team is 5-0 in Clean Old Fashioned Hate since 2013.

then again we haven’t played South Carolina on a saturday since Kirby has been here. this isn’t the Mark Richt Georgia

• Options
    BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MotorCityDawg said:
    Despite how difficult it is as an away game I do like the matchup.
    I think our D will be up to the task of stopping their O and our O will be up to the task of shredding their D to pieces.

That way^^

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SWGADAWG said:
    They beat a solid auburn team last year at home, they played bama pretty tough too.. just think they improve from last year cause they had a pile of freshman and sophomores play a lot of time.

Meh....Auburn didn't really start to 'gel' until the last few weeks of the season, IMO. They were an OK team until then, but not really 'great' until the last 4 weeks. And then after that, they slid into the 'not so great, 4-loss' type of team, which is what they're paying Gus 49 million for.

• Options
    cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Concerned, yes. Excited about going to watch the game, yes....hardest game we play all year...no, bama in the SECCG will be ;) no, but with all honesty, I'm more concerned about USC and Barn.

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wake me up when LSU has a serviceable QB. I agree with poster above who says we win by 2 TD's, if not more.

Also to another poster above, how do you know that it's a night game? That game time hasn't been announced I don't think.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LSU will have more NFL talent than any team on UGAs schedule. Their D will still be good. LSU is always a team that doesn't allow over 30+ but one a year. They bring in a guy considered the top CB and LB this coming season.

Auburn had consistent at QB for the first time in at least 8 years. After that they have a legit 2 WRs in Slayton and Craig-Myers who if they channel it they'd be good. Traditional good D seems to be missing. Good but not great RB rotation.

USC has Deebo and Edwards whom are looking like 1st and 2nd rounders respectively and could pose problems. Bentley is neither good or bad he just exists lol. But their D is all upperclassmen.

Florida will be integrating a new offense that may work well for Jones or Franks. Cleveland and Jefferson will instantly be better than anyone Mullen has worked with.

Tennessee will give their hardest try. They are more talented than people feel. They don't have a shot but I dont foresee another shut out.

Mizzou and Vandy have the opposite of every team above. Good QBs no targets. So they arent as scary. Kentucky has a good RB but CTS has been working with that DLine.

• Options
    DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Away games at LSU and USCe scare me.

• Options

@georgiaboy said:
    Wake me up when LSU has a serviceable QB. I agree with poster above who says we win by 2 TD's, if not more.

Also to another poster above, how do you know that it's a night game? That game time hasn't been announced I don't think.

They just got a transfer from Ohio State. Jury is out on whether or not he will be serviceable. If not, they go back to Etling....and we all know how that was last year. They did, however beat Auburn....But lost badly to a Miss St. team we beat the brakes off of...and lost to Troy (??!!) on homecoming.

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Isn't Etling out of eligibility?

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

I've heard so many people downplay the loss to Troy AT home AT night. It's never made sense to me. You lost to TROY lmao. I know they have NFL talent, but come on guys. We will be fine this game. Maybe a slow start, because LSU will be hyped for this game, but we will impose our will in the second half of games this year better than we did last year. Book it.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SWGADAWG said:
    Am I the only one that thinks this game is by far the hardest game of the year? Their Defense is going to be unreal.. they have a great player at every level and probably the best linebacker in the SEC coming back. Couple that with the talent they produce in that state and you’ve got yourself and tough game. Im thinking 17-14 type game.

I agree that this game is no picnic for our DAWGS. However, NONE OF THESE GAMES (particularly the SEC games) should be taken for granted as a “W” before they’ve even been played? Quite a few “upsets” have befallen our beloved Georgia Bulldogs in season’s past. Georgia IS capable of beating each & every opponent they face this upcoming season. That’s not to say, games like the one against LSU in Baton Rouge, LA on a Saturday night in mid October??? <- college football doesn’t get any better than that!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    I've heard so many people downplay the loss to Troy AT home AT night. It's never made sense to me. You lost to TROY lmao. I know they have NFL talent, but come on guys. We will be fine this game. Maybe a slow start, because LSU will be hyped for this game, but we will impose our will in the second half of games this year better than we did last year. Book it.

Agreed, sir. I think the crowd will be a factor early on, but we pull away in the 2nd half. I just don't see LSU scoring a whole lot of points with an unproven QB and no elite RB (for once). Their D will be stout, no doubt, but so will our O.

Also, I think it will depend on how LSU's W-L looks by that time. They could very well pull a UT/UF and give up on their coach mid-season. He's on the hot seat as is. Would be HILARIOUS to put on a clinic in Death Valley, then have coach O fired the next day.

• Options

@georgiaboy said:
    Isn't Etling out of eligibility?

Yes, he is...My bad. The Patriots drafted him.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@ugaforever said:
    If UGA drops a game, I hope it's to somebody in the West. Then UGA probably still plays in ATL for the SEC championship.

Well it seems the last 2 years now that the CFP committee thinks that if you do not go to the conference championship but are a 1 loss team that you get your foot in the door

Gumps, pay to play syndrome

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby got Tennessee and Florida to clean house after he wiped the field with them in 2017... I could see this being that game for Coach O. I mean they open with Miami and go to AU week 3. If LSU loses it's 3rd game of the season in week 7 then it's gonna be a real hot seat

• Options
    jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Does anyone know what sections are the visitor sections in Tiger stadium? Im looking to buy tickets soon. Has anyone bought theirs yet?

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They have top rated defensive players Greedy Williams at CB who had 6 interceptions last year and LB Devin White. Also Graduate transfer Joe Burrow QB from Ohio State. Still see a doble digit win for the Dawgs. Who will stop this offense?