Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

@ LSU

13»

Comments

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think LSU will be one of our more difficult games. I think that any given Saturday a team can be upset if you don’t bring your A game. That is why poor teams like Syracuse and Iowa can upset the likes of Clemson and tOSU. Auburn played out of their minds against us and Bama last yr and both were upsets. I do think if Kirby doesn’t get the team focusing 100% then we can definitely lose. I do think this game is closer than most think and we’ll have a ND type game that’s low scoring and down to the wire.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saturday night in Baton Rouge is no joke. GEORGIA MUST bring their "A" game. They do that? Then they will get a "W". They don't? This could be a an "L" & chalk it up to the youth & inexperience. They (GEROGIA) SHOULD WIN. Will they?? That is why they PLAY THE GAME out on the field. GO DAWGS!!!

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

@georgiaboy said:
    Wake me up when LSU has a serviceable QB. I agree with poster above who says we win by 2 TD's, if not more.

Also to another poster above, how do you know that it's a night game? That game time hasn't been announced I don't think.

They just got a transfer from Ohio State. Jury is out on whether or not he will be serviceable. If not, they go back to Etling....and we all know how that was last year. They did, however beat Auburn....But lost badly to a Miss St. team we beat the brakes off of...and lost to Troy (??!!) on homecoming.

Meh. o$u transfer Burrow would've been 3rd string QB for the luck eyes this year. It's why he transferred.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LSU has a great defense, they might keep our high powered O in the 24-28 range offensively

They haven’t had a QB since we gave them mettenberger and before that they hadn’t had one since Jamarcus Russell. We will hold them to 10 points or less. LSU is not the game to worry about

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@judasdurant said:
    LSU has a great defense, they might keep our high powered O in the 24-28 range offensively

They haven’t had a QB since we gave them mettenberger and before that they hadn’t had one since Jamarcus Russell. We will hold them to 10 points or less. LSU is not the game to worry about

I had forgotten about Jamarcus. Was there ever a bigger bust at QB in the NFL?

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

Ryan Leaf comes to mind.

• DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DirtDawg said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@georgiaboy said:
    Wake me up when LSU has a serviceable QB. I agree with poster above who says we win by 2 TD's, if not more.

Also to another poster above, how do you know that it's a night game? That game time hasn't been announced I don't think.

They just got a transfer from Ohio State. Jury is out on whether or not he will be serviceable. If not, they go back to Etling....and we all know how that was last year. They did, however beat Auburn....But lost badly to a Miss St. team we beat the brakes off of...and lost to Troy (??!!) on homecoming.

Meh. o$u transfer Burrow would've been 3rd string QB for the luck eyes this year. It's why he transferred.

Burrow is an upgrade over anybody they have. Btw...Cardale Jones was 3rd string a few years ago and won the Big 10 title game, the semi and NC. Nice run for a third stringer.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBones said:

@donm said:

Ryan Leaf comes to mind.

I think they are listed as #1 and #2 on most 'greatest NFL busts' lists. Sometimes Russell is #1....Sometimes Leaf is. Just depends on who makes up the list.