Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

You Know You Live/Die Georgia Football When....

2»

Comments

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bsampson0317 said:
    When your son's birthday is 10/31, and every year turns from a birthday party into at UGA tailgate.

Ayyyy my birthday as well. Hopefully he will not witness as many losses to UF as I have!

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Daughters hs team colors are orange and blue but I never wear orange to her games or anything else. Rock red and black as much as possible.

• Options
    nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks- The above list reflects some really good rituals.

I'm so nervous on game day, I have to eat before the game starts because I seem to lose my appetite. However, I need something on my stomach because I tend to hit the bottle a lot during the game. After the game, I'm either stressed out or ready to party and eat and drink. Wake up on Sundays, attend church service and then get ready for the Falcons.

• Options
    gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife calls herself a college football widow. My Saturday’s start with College Gameday (not a fan of the 3-hour format). Then I watch football ALLLLLLL day and into the night. Will occasionally head to Athens for a game.

Just 5 weeks to go!!!!!

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia game on TV sets the tone for the day/schedule.

Big game I will fire up the smoker even if it’s just for me.

We All have the red and black on including kids (wife’s doing.... good if she is the only one)

Same shirt visor/hat frome the beginning of the week. New every year and shirt is washed on a weekly basis.

Earphones charged because enjoy listening to the game while watching if it’s synced up

Gas station trip before the game. Kroger trip
    Because the wife forgot something. Cigar store trip for the eventual win.

I’m sure something is missing something now that things are different with 2 babies at the home, but UGA games are a understood priority unless health is involved with the kids. I have the mobile device to keep up if that’s th case haha

• Options
    nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JRT812 said:
    Georgia game on TV sets the tone for the day/schedule.

Big game I will fire up the smoker even if it’s just for me.

We All have the red and black on including kids (wife’s doing.... good if she is the only one)

Same shirt visor/hat frome the beginning of the week. New every year and shirt is washed on a weekly basis.

Earphones charged because enjoy listening to the game while watching if it’s synced up

Gas station trip before the game. Kroger trip
    Because the wife forgot something. Cigar store trip for the eventual win.

I’m sure something is missing something now that things are different with 2 babies at the home, but UGA games are a understood priority unless health is involved with the kids. I have the mobile device to keep up if that’s th case haha

that's awesome!

• Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a 5 yr old son, a 3 yr and a 1 yr old daughters. My 5yr old and 3 yr old both sing all the Dawg fight songs, calls, etc. They sing them so much that my wife gets annoyed and the one yr old barks when my kids yell sic em and she sounds out and tries to say, “Gooo Dawgs”. I consider it her first phrase. #prouddadmoment

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

...when your wife is sick so you have to dress the boy for church...

Love it! I wish I could get away with something like that.

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Gatorade is not allowed in my house because of the connection to UF. We're a Powerade family

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You reschedule your youngest child’s birthday party because it always occurs on G-day weekend

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MODawg said:
    Gatorade is not allowed in my house because of the connection to UF. We're a Powerade family

Which one is related to Coke and which to Pepsi? I've heard some very smart people say, "Pepsi drinkers will on occasion drink Coke, but Coke drinkers will NEVER drink Pepsi".

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Powerade = Coke
    Gatorade = Pepsi