Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

D. Robertson

BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone know what surgery he had on his "lower body"? That's pretty vague. In today's day and age, we know, many times, too much about these kids yet I can't find anything about the number 1 wr recruit in the nation? Does that seem kinda weird to anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

He broke his leg in the second game of last season

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought I read he had a sports hernia repair...could be wrong though.

• Options

I got that but I can't seem to find what the surgery was for. Thanks for the response, I guess I'll have to dig a little deeper!

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiffLowman said:
    I got that but I can't seem to find what the surgery was for. Thanks for the response, I guess I'll have to dig a little deeper!

I know a lot of times informations is made public, I assume with the players consent. At the end of the day all medical information is federally protected by HIPPA so if DROB doesn’t want it disclosed someone would have to break the law to leak the info.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am hoping (& I have a really good "gut instinct" feeling about this too!) that "D-Rob" IS going to play this season, and he will contribute mightily on the field this year too, into a season full of simply magical happenings that Georgia fans have been waiting for years & years to see... some of them for their entire lives. I am getting older (I am 55), so I can remember back to 1980. It's been too long. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    He broke his leg in the second game of last season

This is what I heard as well. Hard to believe that the more specific information you seek is not out there somewhere.

• Options

@VaBeachDawg said:

@BiffLowman said:

I know a lot of times informations is made public, I assume with the players consent. At the end of the day all medical information is federally protected by HIPPA so if DROB doesn’t want it disclosed someone would have to break the law to leak the info.

I didn't even think about HIPPA. Thanks.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@BiffLowman said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

@BiffLowman said:

I didn't even think about HIPPA. Thanks.

HIPAA He 'injured' something in the first season, which bothered him in the second. Decided to have it fixed. I tried to find out more. I didn't see what the injury fix was other than 'surgery'.

Edit: I found this, reporting it as a "soft tissue injury":

https://diehards.com/california/cal-receiver-demetris-robertson-out-for-season

I found this which is an impressive effort by Cal sports information staff:

https://calbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8237

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He plays this year? It’s going to be epic.