Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Crazy Gamecock Fans

Comments

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I lived in Evans,Ga which is outside Augusta. One team I love to despise is UscJr. That fan base is 75% batsh*t crazy with the break expectations. They can’t stand UGA and it rubs a lil salt in the wound when Kirby came home and didn’t go to USuc. The Lameflops will go down by half way through the third. As I remind them all the time they have a Bama ego with a Vandy trophy case.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@donm said:
    This will be their 2nd game of the season as well, as someone pointed out a long time ago. they also lost a good # of players off of last year's squad. This "2nd game thing" might be a wash.

Exactly, South Carolina returns the same amount of defensive starters as UGA does. Both return the same amount of starters overall, 8 on offense and 5 on defense. It'll all come down to execution and tuning out the crowd.

My only thought when I made the 2nd game of the season comment was that it was an unknown element. Meaning, how will the new players respond, which I realize applies to their players as well. The more unknown elements you have the wider the range of outcomes. For example, barring injuries, I think the range of outcomes would be narrower (read that as less chance for SC) were the game in late October/Nov as opposed to early Sept.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:
    Y’all’s predictions warm my heart. It actually would be nice to see a Georgia blowout win over USCjr. GO DAWGS!!!

UGA won't cover the spread; won't blow SCAR out. Muchamp and Smart are good friends. Kirby won't embarrass Muschamp like that. If he wanted to do that, he could have last year. UGA won, 24-10, but fumbled away one score and kneeled on the ball inside the 10 at the end. Score could have been 38-10 or more.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

@christopherules said:
    Y’all’s predictions warm my heart. It actually would be nice to see a Georgia blowout win over USCjr. GO DAWGS!!!

UGA won't cover the spread; won't blow SCAR out. Muchamp and Smart are good friends. Kirby won't embarrass Muschamp like that. If he wanted to do that, he could have last year. UGA won, 24-10, but fumbled away one score and kneeled on the ball inside the 10 at the end. Score could have been 38-10 or more.

@UnderDog68 that does make sense. The "ol Ball coach" isn't there anymore.

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2018

Delusional Gamecocks. Dawgs roll.

• MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@christopherules said:
    @greygoose01 they’re fundamentally sound. HC Will Mushcamp is a former UGA linebacker, & a friend of Kirby Smart, & he actually is a good coach. My opinion is one of their only strengths is a solid DL (not nearly up to UGA’s OL), but outside of either the BARN, or Bama? Probably the best DL that Georgia will face all season long. They’ll just have to be “crock-potted” .... wherein Georgia’s offense just constantly pounds their defense’s & Georgia’s defense relentlessly hammers their offense until all of the South Carolina players bodies, minds, hearts, & souls have been turned into dust for four full quarters of a beating, until their “will to fight back” is completely broken down by the game’s ending, & physically they have nothing left to give. It will take Georgia HAVING TO beat them all down. That’s just IMO.

Muschamp was a safety and also UGA wins by 3 TDs

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

the offense is built around Deebo who is a WR. If you don’t think Baker will lock him up then you must’ve not watched last season.

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

@brentwilson
    Muschump said, either today or yesterday, that Deebo is going to be returning kicks and not fair catching anything. Risky...

edited July 2018

@MODawg said:

@christopherules said:
    @greygoose01 they’re fundamentally sound. HC Will Mushcamp is a former UGA linebacker, & a friend of Kirby Smart, & he actually is a good coach. My opinion is one of their only strengths is a solid DL (not nearly up to UGA’s OL), but outside of either the BARN, or Bama? Probably the best DL that Georgia will face all season long. They’ll just have to be “crock-potted” .... wherein Georgia’s offense just constantly pounds their defense’s & Georgia’s defense relentlessly hammers their offense until all of the South Carolina players bodies, minds, hearts, & souls have been turned into dust for four full quarters of a beating, until their “will to fight back” is completely broken down by the game’s ending, & physically they have nothing left to give. It will take Georgia HAVING TO beat them all down. That’s just IMO.

Muschamp was a safety and also UGA wins by 3 TDs

@MODawg I stand corrected sir. You got me. Guilty.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:
    I've heard that Deebo is a Heisman lock according to the Coc ks. And they say we've lost like 30 starters, which is breaking news for me. I'm starting to worry, guys. We haven't played a Heisman lock before and how could we ever replace 30 starters?

See, thats how we did so well last year. We were playing 15 player at a time while everyone else were only playing 11.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Muschamp has had 6 years of being a head coach to figure out an offensive identity and he still hasn’t. There’s some talent there, but not enough to put up a bunch on our Defense

Their defense is extremely barren on talent, I’m still not sure jaymest was a take for us. We stole away their savior tindall, and sandidge might be starting as a true freshman.

UGA 45
    USCjr 20

@BojanglesInsider said:
    I've heard that Deebo is a Heisman lock according to the Coc ks. And they say we've lost like 30 starters, which is breaking news for me. I'm starting to worry, guys. We haven't played a Heisman lock before and how could we ever replace 30 starters?

@BojanglesInsider your keen sense of humor is so very refreshing in here sir, (we have just too many Chicken Little's here & besides that just a few TROLLS here too) so please, if you can?, no more forgetting your password & taking months away!!!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:

with our larger than almost believable recruiting classes. We can always take more, it seems.

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

This feels like a thread you would read at an Alabama board. We had 1 GREAT year and the elitist are out in full force. South Carolina has good players and good coaches. They won 9 games last year and beat Michigan in the bowl game. They also beat a solid NC State team. I expect a battle in BOTH Columbia's this year, South Carolina & Mizzu. Last years Dawgs did some GREAT things, but that was last year. I'll wait and see before predicting any blowouts.

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@superdawg said:
    This feels like a thread you would read at an Alabama board. We had 1 GREAT year and the elitist are out in full force. South Carolina has good players and good coaches. They won 9 games last year and beat Michigan in the bowl game. They also beat a solid NC State team. I expect a battle in BOTH Columbia's this year, South Carolina & Mizzu. Last years Dawgs did some GREAT things, but that was last year. I'll wait and see before predicting any blowouts.

The ONLY thing USCjr has going for them is the home game. We are going to field a team that is better than them at very single position, prolly even 2 deep. To point to the past CMR teams that didn’t bother to get off the bus as some indicator of future performance is silly. We ran the east through a wood chipper last year and didn’t play down to a single lesser opponent. As far as Mizzu, most of drew lock’s stats were piled up against sub par teams. even against us, HALF their total offense production came from two blown coverages and they only had a single sustained drive in the whole game that resulted in a TD. Now they have a new OC (who has never called plays before). To say UGA should repeat at running the table in the east is not elitist, it’s just a reasonable expectation at this point.

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VaBeachDawg said:

@superdawg said:

The ONLY thing USCjr has going for them is the home game. We are going to field a team that is better than them at very single position, prolly even 2 deep. To point to the past CMR teams that didn’t bother to get off the bus as some indicator of future performance is silly. We ran the east through a wood chipper last year and didn’t play down to a single lesser opponent. As far as Mizzu, most of drew lock’s stats were piled up against sub par teams. even against us, HALF their total offense production came from two blown coverages and they only had a single sustained drive in the whole game that resulted in a TD. Now they have a new OC (who has never called plays before). To say UGA should repeat at running the table in the east is not elitist, it’s just a reasonable expectation at this point.

Expecting to have a good season is reasonable....expecting to CRUSH teams is elitist and sets you up for disappointment....you can still be excited and enjoy the ride, without the crazy expectations

• ClemTownClemTown Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    I read the thread on their forum and a co-worker is a USCjr fan. It seems many fans do expect for them to cover the current 14 point spread.

Realistically, besides us... there is not another eastern team with as much talent on the roster that does have a 1st year head coach besides USCjr. I do not think we lose the game, but of all eastern opponents I am worried about, I feel they are a shoe-in for 2nd in the east

They will lose the game at the line. Their offensive line is just not up to the standards that it needs to be. The fans know it, the coaches know it, and even our staff knows it. I believe Kirby and Pittman are stealing all the decent and good offensive line recruits they can just to keep that a weak point for USCjr.

Dawgs: 34
    USCjr: 20

close game in the 3rd quarter with Dawgs pulling away

I personally feel like the Dawgs toughest game will be against Florida. Florida has the talent, they've always recruited well, and I believe Mullen is a guy who can make that talent play well. He did a lot more with a lot less at Miss State. Whether he can do it in his first year is still to be seen. USCjr to me is wayyy overrated. They have a lot of returning pieces, I'll give them that, but Jake Bentley is a terrible quarterback and looks lost against competent defenses. The defense is okay, but Clemson still ran through them with ease last season with a less-than-stellar offensive attack. Deebo and a couple of their wide receivers are the only real threats on the team, but Bentley is so bad, it doesn't matter how good the playmakers are...they can't get the ball. Coot fans have a diluted sense of confidence after beating up on crappy East teams last year and a horrible Michigan team in the bowl game. Wait until they get a sense of reality this year with some of those East teams (like Florida) not going 4-8

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ClemTown said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    I read the thread on their forum and a co-worker is a USCjr fan. It seems many fans do expect for them to cover the current 14 point spread.

Realistically, besides us... there is not another eastern team with as much talent on the roster that does have a 1st year head coach besides USCjr. I do not think we lose the game, but of all eastern opponents I am worried about, I feel they are a shoe-in for 2nd in the east

They will lose the game at the line. Their offensive line is just not up to the standards that it needs to be. The fans know it, the coaches know it, and even our staff knows it. I believe Kirby and Pittman are stealing all the decent and good offensive line recruits they can just to keep that a weak point for USCjr.

I personally feel like the Dawgs toughest game will be against Florida. Florida has the talent, they've always recruited well, and I believe Mullen is a guy who can make that talent play well. He did a lot more with a lot less at Miss State. Whether he can do it in his first year is still to be seen. USCjr to me is wayyy overrated. They have a lot of returning pieces, I'll give them that, but Jake Bentley is a terrible quarterback and looks lost against competent defenses. The defense is okay, but Clemson still ran through them with ease last season with a less-than-stellar offensive attack. Deebo and a couple of their wide receivers are the only real threats on the team, but Bentley is so bad, it doesn't matter how good the playmakers are...they can't get the ball. Coot fans have a diluted sense of confidence after beating up on crappy East teams last year and a horrible Michigan team in the bowl game. Wait until they get a sense of reality this year with some of those East teams (like Florida) not going 4-8

Didn't we just read that Florida's de-commits have a higher ranking than their commits?

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@ClemTown said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

Didn't we just read that Florida's de-commits have a higher ranking than their commits?

As always, I am too lazy to internet any stats on my own, but I would bet a lot of money UF is close to, if not at, a record low for quality of roster over the last ten years or so. Meanwhile in Athens, we are hitting records high after record high and 19’ doesn’t appear to be any different. I will concede that in rivalry games all bets are off because the other guys show up ready to give you their best shot. But to counter that point, in 2017 UF came swaggin’ in ready to embarrass us and we all saw how that played out. So hate and history only takes you so far because you have to actually play.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ClemTown said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

Agree with this. I think Florida will be tougher than they were last year. All those suspended players will be back, Mullen is a better coach than Jim was, and they'll run a better offense. UGA still wins but that game will be bigger than the USCe game IMO