Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Here's 5 things I'm really worried about...

Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I guess I just worry too much, but...

1. Do we have an SEC caliber punter?
  2. Will our new long snapper be dependable?
  3. Is there gonna be a position that actually fits for Otis Reese?
  4. Will Drob be declared eligible for this season?
  5. Will our returning players run to the wrong sideline when taking the field for the opening game?

Share your biggest concerns so I'll have some new things to worry about?

Comments

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Jake Camarda is a SEC caliber punter.
    2. I think both Trey Hill and Jamaree Salyer could do a good job.
    3. I think Otis Reese will end up at ILB
    4. With the NCAA who knows
    5. On a CKS coached team you joke
    6. Now for my worry is Georgia going to be decimated by injuries.
  • Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1 camarda is as good as advertised

2 don’t know who our long snapper is and hopefully i never learn his name

3 apparently he did good yesterday, I’m of the mindset that you can’t be too big to play safety

4 judging by the other transfers, yes

5 who knows haha

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. will there be enough water for all the players?
    2. can the ncaa possibly make it possible for 12 guys to be on the field at once so we can put all our talent out there? (sarcastic)
    3. what happens if all 5 RBs get hurt?
  • Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I could see Reese being like a Jabrill Peppers type and never knowing what he’s going to do.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. I worry with the talent UGA has that the networks will insist that the games be played at noon.
    2. I worry that the opposing fans will say nasty things about our players and spoil a nice afternoon.
    3. I worry that the electronic boards around the field are not too distracting that I miss action on the field.
    4. I worry that the new players aren't too mussed up when they go out to play - their uniforms stay clean for as long as possible.
    5. I worry that recruits viewing the home games will not think of UGA as insensitive to their comforts.
  • Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Camarda fits the bill.
    Reese will add depth this year and be a factor on ST.
    Drob May be eligible by end of next week, at least this is what I’m hearing.

My only worries are injuries and QB play. If we’re healthy, we’re more talented than every team not named Bama. Solid experience at every level. If we get elite QB play, I think we run the table. Defense will be good enough. OL will be dominant. Weapons in backfield and on outside. Best kicker in country, one of best returners, and
    a new punter that brings the boom. Add that with a highly motivated staff, and all the pieces are there. Championship or bust for 2018!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Inside linebacker, noseguard, RB between tackles ....

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:
    Only three things for me:

1) getting old
    2) losing my memory
    3) getting old

Super. this would have worked too:

1) getting old
    2) losing my memory

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Being forced to watch the TN/FL game.
    2. Whether Dan Muffin will be worse than expected and get fired in his first season?
    3. Whether Jeremy will be Butch 2?
    4. Will Dabo go to Alabama when Saban retires?
    5. What century will the bathrooms in the stadium be updated?

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@moos said:

1) getting old
    2) losing my memory
    3) getting old

Super. this would have worked too:

1) getting old
    2) losing my memory

Up voted that. Nice one

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Worried I might not be able to get a ticket to a good game.
    2. Worried that the Granite Bulldog probably won’t be moved back to where the players run out.
    3. Worried that Chaney might have a heart attack (seriously, the guy needs to lose some weight).
    4. Worried that one of the classes I teach on the weekends is going to interfere with a big game.
    5. Worried about playing Bama in the SECCG.
  • Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    2. Worried that the Granite Bulldog probably won’t be moved back to where the players run out.
    3. Worried that Chaney might have a heart attack (seriously, the guy needs to lose some weight).
    4. Worried that one of the classes I teach on the weekends is going to interfere with a big game.

Chaney has lost weight this offseason. He’s still a big guy, but at least he’s moving in the right direction.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@pgjackson said:

Chaney has lost weight this offseason. He’s still a big guy, but at least he’s moving in the right direction.

I hope so. He’s surrounded by world class dietitians, S&C coaches, and athletic facilities. You would think it would be pretty easy to stay in shape if you were part of the program if you wanted.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@Teddy said:

@pgjackson said:

I hope so. He’s surrounded by world class dietitians, S&C coaches, and athletic facilities. You would think it would be pretty easy to stay in shape if you were part of the program if you wanted.

gets a bit harder as one ages. You are correct, I think, in saying that he has very good support structure he can use if he wishes.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    1. Will my seats be good enough when I go to my first UGA game in October
    2. Should I use sunscreen
    3. will I be sweating my b a l l s off even though it's October in Georgia
    4. Can I find a decent place to park and not get a ticket
    5. will my dad drive my rental car back if I drink too much

1. There really isn't a 'bad seat' in Sanford.
    2. I went last year and didn't need sunscreen. Weather was terrific.
    3. Probably not, but I'll bet it's in the high 70s or low 80s.
    4. Find a pay lot. I did, and had no issues whatsoever. Half a mile from the stadium.
    5. If he won't, a tow-truck will....