Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

2018 5 star LB to Bama

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apparently the 5 star LB from Nevada (I think?) got out if his commitment to Washington and is headed to Bama. Anyone know if he's immediately eligible or does he have to sit a year?

Comments

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Not sure about eligibility but Lord knows their LBs are dropping like flies.

• Options

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    Not sure about eligibility but Lord knows their LBs are dropping like flies.

True. Supoosedly he wanted to get out of it with UW to be closer to home. We see now that obviously wasn't the issue.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he hasn’t signed an LOI I don’t know why he wouldn’t be immediately eligible. Is he a high school recruit?

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

@donm said:
    If he hasn’t signed an LOI I don’t know why he wouldn’t be immediately eligible. Is he a high school recruit?

I'm under the impression it's like the Josh Belk case with Clemson earlier this summer.

• Options
    stubbornthingstubbornthing Posts: 119 ✭✭✭ Junior

@donm said:

He's a 2018 recruit that signed a LOI earlier this past year.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@stubbornthing said:

@donm said:

He's a 2018 recruit that signed a LOI earlier this past year.

Ah.

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

He signed the LOI with Washington but never made it to campus due to family tragedy if I remember correctly. Pretty sure he'll have to sit a year.

• Options
    SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg said:
    Apparently the 5 star LB from Nevada (I think?) got out if his commitment to Washington and is headed to Bama. Anyone know if he's immediately eligible or does he have to sit a year?

https://247sports.com/Player/Ale-Kaho-45572710

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg said:

Just read on SDS that he will be immediately eligible to play.
    "Listed at 6-foot-1, 218 pounds, Kaho played at Reno High School in Reno, Nev. He was officially granted his release from Washington on Monday. Kaho will be immediately eligible to play for the Crimson Tide."

• Options

@mattmd2 said:

@AgDawg said:

"Listed at 6-foot-1, 218 pounds, Kaho played at Reno High School in Reno, Nev. He was officially granted his release from Washington on Monday. Kaho will be immediately eligible to play for the Crimson Tide."

Interesting. Belk has to sitba year though, correct?

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@greygoose01 said:
    Let him go. Maybe it betters our chances with Nakobe Dean

Hearing Bama is trailing...close to being out. Keep in mind OV already used with Bama also. Likely FSU vs. UGA battle going forward.

Three stright CB's for FSU for Thibodeaux WDE. Not ILB that Dean plays, but in certain respects somewhat comparable. Maybe improves chances in a Ga. vs. FSU battle. And with only a few more options to take officials, the Dean family "definitely" taking an official to Ga. sounds very promising for the Dawgs.

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

247 Composite has him as a 4-star.

• Options
    MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:
    Something seems off here...

Per 247 article:
    A 6-foot-1, 218-pound linebacker, Kaho reportedly had a number of family issues that spurred the transfer in an effort to push him closer to home.

I'm no earth scientist, but Washington is MUCH closer to Reno, NV than Tuscaloosa, Alabama. If he got the release to be closer to home, how is this allowed???

Yeah, the "closer to home" argument can't actually be a laughably erroneous in order to use it, right?

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:
    Something seems off here...

Per 247 article:
    A 6-foot-1, 218-pound linebacker, Kaho reportedly had a number of family issues that spurred the transfer in an effort to push him closer to home.

I'm no earth scientist, but Washington is MUCH closer to Reno, NV than Tuscaloosa, Alabama. If he got the release to be closer to home, how is this allowed???

He never enrolled in Washington and they granted him his release so he was never a student there or athlete. Its like the DeAndre Jordan agreeing to the Mavs then last minute he goes back to Clippers in 2015.

@AgDawg said:

@mattmd2 said:

@AgDawg said:

Interesting. Belk has to sitba year though, correct?

Belk was enrolled and attended a semester at Clemson and also practiced with them. Different situations.

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes according to reports. Needless to say Chris Petersen & the Husky faithful are not happy about how things played out.