Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Little league world series.

MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From my experience in pro ball for awhile these kids from Peachtree City can flat out play, and from a scouting standpoint Janson Kenty will be a Klayton Kershaw in a few years. 26 of 33 outs he recorded against various state champs from the southeast were by strikeout!! This kid is the 1st kid I've ever seen that looks like he's throwing a slider from the left side. It's just a hard curve, but he's got a 97mph Major league equivalent fb. Gonna be a millionaire in 6 years! Wish the Bravos could snag him.

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope the Peachtree City kids go all the way, and I'll be cheering them on. That said, it's impossible to project 12yo's, in any sport. If the kid works hard, loves playing the game, continues to develop, stays out of trouble, and has a little luck, then maybe, just maybe, he'll make it to the majors. As a former pro player, you know how hard and long the road is. Marc Pisciotta was the most dominant Atlanta-area pitcher I ever saw. Led East Marietta to the LLWS back in 1983 and had a stellar career at ECB and Walton HS, culminating with three years in the show as a middle relief pitcher. I hope the Peachtree City parents and fans fully enjoy the moment. Only God knows what the future holds.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Absolutely. Which proves my point! Maybe Kenty will be our QB one day!!!

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The world is littered with Danny Almontes. The kid is more likely to have Tommy John's surgery than to make it to the majors.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That kid is UNREAL!!

• Options

@AnotherDawg said:
    I hope the Peachtree City kids go all the way, and I'll be cheering them on. That said, it's impossible to project 12yo's, in any sport. If the kid works hard, loves playing the game, continues to develop, stays out of trouble, and has a little luck, then maybe, just maybe, he'll make it to the majors. As a former pro player, you know how hard and long the road is. Marc Pisciotta was the most dominant Atlanta-area pitcher I ever saw. Led East Marietta to the LLWS back in 1983 and had a stellar career at ECB and Walton HS, culminating with three years in the show as a middle relief pitcher. I hope the Peachtree City parents and fans fully enjoy the moment. Only God knows what the future holds.

Of course I agree the kid has to keep hi head right and make the right decisions, but I've faced pro pitching and you dont strike out 26 in 11 innings and NOT be able to project him as a stud 6 years from now. If I'm wrong about him; given he doesn't do anything **** but focus on his game you can have my house lol. I've ran a baseball academy for a decade. This kid has IT.

• Options
    edited August 2018

I DO wanna make it clear what I'm saying is he WILL be in professional baseball without question. The SHOW is a completely different animal. I've seen guys in AA that were just as talented as a guy in the big leagues, however they just didn't have it between the ears, or were just not consistent. That's what makes guys in the show the best on earth. They are consistent. Some longer than others. But this is the 1 game in the world that will humble the H E L L outta anybody. You have to have a short memory, and learn how to deal with failure. Some guys just can't do it. For their entire lives in hs and college they were stars, then when they start getting a check for their services the opponent was a stud everywhere he went just like the other guy. The one's that can go 0-4, then another hitless night and carry the same approach to the plate (and simplify things) and NOT be thinking "man if I don't do something tonight I'm in a slump." Before ya know it his avg has dropped 40 points in a week and a half. The way I teach kids and the college kids I work with (depending on if it's a hitter or pitcher), I was a catcher. So I teach hitters muscle memory. Do this, and do it again and do it some more til it's your reaction and ability that your playing with instead of thinking too much. With pitchers there are so many things, from how a pitch is gripped, arm angle, delivery etc. But I tell all of them to go to the hill and (in their mind) act like I can sit anybody in this lineup down. Pitching backwards is my preferred teaching method where it's 2-0 and you drop a nice curve over because unless your on tv 9x out of 10 your gonna see a fastball. So command of your stuff imo is the most important. Being able to throw anything in your arsenal for a strike at any count. I used to LOVE seeing those guys that throw in the mid to high 90's because you KNOW your gonna see it, so sit on it and come outta your shoes if it's in the zone. Those guys that would throw anything in any count were the tough ones. That's why Maddux and Glavine were so amazing. Everything moved ALOT, and you could never sit on anything. So will this kid be on tv? Only God knows that. MLB is a different beast. I just meant he will without doubt have the stuff to be drafted high enough to become a millionaire. BUT I've seen guys who got that 7 figure signing bonus but lasted in the show 2 years and are back in there hometown now. So only God knows brother.

• Options

@Kasey said:
    Did you know a Jake Fromm once played in the little league World Series?!

yea he was bigger than all his teammates. I think he dropped 4 bombs too lol.

• Options

@MIghtydawg said:
    The world is littered with Danny Almontes. The kid is more likely to have Tommy John's surgery than to make it to the majors.

Lol man today it's become uncommon NOT to have TJ surgery. The recovery time is around 2 months faster than it was when ppl began having it done. But ALOT are having it done simply because you throw harder coming off of it 9x out of 10. It's just replacing that ligament with a tighter one like a rubber band.

• Options

That's good stuff. Says alot about Jake.

• Options

From what I've seen so far the Peachtree boys are gonna have to knock Texas out to get to the Championship. Texas looked amazing

• Options
    bulldoga44bulldoga44 Posts: 45 ✭✭ Sophomore

A kid throwing curveballs at 12 will definitely have Tommy John surgery

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@Kasey I believe that the CBS Sports crew covered that fact at least once per game for each, & every game of Georgia that they televised last year.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:
    Instead of naming Derek Jeter or A-Rod as his favorite player, Jake gave the name of his friend who was cut from the team...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0meQyLKy5A

That was a really great story too! Seldom reported early, but it was reported a TON (& by many) later on. He’s a really great kid! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

I wish they would talk about it on the broadcasts every now and then. Lol