Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jalen vs Alabama

13»

Comments

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:
    this quarter back controversy is something i would’ve never seen coming from Bama. Saban usually controls these things.

Agree. Dad spouting off made it harder. Now Jalen himself. I think he's gone

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:
    this quarter back controversy is something i would’ve never seen coming from Bama. Saban usually controls these things.

Saban controls these things?

Both Bateman and Barnett had bad things to say about Saban after they left. I can’t remember all their names, but there have been several players who’ve left Bama and had cross words about the way Saban runs things. Who was the receiver that got injured, and after he got healthy never got back into the rotation? After he left he sad he was disappointed because after he came back from injury, he felt like he never was given the opportunity to get back into the rotation?

And note that what Jalen said about Saban is very similar to what Bateman and Barnett said about him, poor communication.

And when.players leave, Saban has often had bad things to say about those players. Remember Saban going on a radio talk show, to make fun of Barnett an 18 year old kid at the time?

My guess is Jalen just wanted to have his opinion on the record, before he left. Because the people who waited until after they left, and even after Saban criticized them, their opinions were pretty much ignored by the media.

Now I’m not saying Jalen won’t be there this year. I don’t know what’s gonna happen this year. But I don’t think Jalen will be at Bama next year.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Croatiadawg said:
    total curiosity, but if he quits the team, forgoes his scholarship, pays his own way, graduates in December - is that in state or out of state tuition?

He would probably qualify for in state at this point. He has been living there for 2 years and at most schools after a couple years at a school you can get instate. Especially if you get an apartment and live there.